Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #21
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: "How does the baby come out of your belly?"

I don't know, I must be the only one but I don't really like the "three holes" idea. I guess I think of even women having two holes - the vaginal opening is essentially one opening to me, I don't want my kid(s) thinking women (girls) have three actual holes because to me, there are two holes. The one of course contains the urinary opening as well but it's still in the same hole.

I plan to go with "baby comes out of moms vagina" when my kids are old enough for this talk.

Advertisement

Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #22
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

The truth. As adults we sometimes feel awkward talking about vaginas with our kids because we know there's also a sexual component to vaginas. But for kids, they have no idea. A vagina is just a body part to them, just like their fingers or toes or nose. At that age they aren't going to ask how the baby got in there, and you don't have to explain that (yet!). So they will accept the answer of "the baby comes out of mommy's vagina" just as easily as they would accept that the stork brings the baby, or that mommy's poop the baby out, or whatever else you'd consider telling the kid.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #23
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i found a birth video on youtube to show them
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
I don't know, I must be the only one but I don't really like the "three holes" idea. I guess I think of even women having two holes - the vaginal opening is essentially one opening to me, I don't want my kid(s) thinking women (girls) have three actual holes because to me, there are two holes. The one of course contains the urinary opening as well but it's still in the same hole.

I plan to go with "baby comes out of moms vagina" when my kids are old enough for this talk.
Women have an anus, a urinary hole and a vaginal hole. Your urine comes out of a hole above your vaginal opening right below the clitoris. They are not the same hole at all...
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #25
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody

Women have an anus, a urinary hole and a vaginal hole. Your urine comes out of a hole above your vaginal opening right below the clitoris. They are not the same hole at all...
Thank you. I was trying to find a polite way to say this.

Sent from my DROID4 using DS Forum
Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #26
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
The vaginal opening does not "contain" the urinary opening. Your urine does not come out of your vaginal canal. Women do have "three actual holes", although I will say that I did not realize this until my early 20's.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #27
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I have told my kids the "where babies come from" story from the get-go. In fact, my boys, at ages, 20 mo, almost 2, 2, and almost 3 at homebirths and they were fine.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #28
soonerfan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor

Please get a mirror and check out your anatomy (really, not being snarky or funny). Everyone should be comfortable with their body and know how it works.

Your kids (and you) should think women have three openings because that is the truth. Your urethra does not open up into your vagina--the holes are very much separate.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #29
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I'm not really suer why some feel the need to correct my personal opinion. IMHO there are two openings down there, and I do have mirrors thanks. those "lips" are one big opening despite there being various things going on down there. As I said, baby comes from vagina. How is that confusing?
Old 09-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #30
blackberry75
Registered Users

I told my stepsons and bio son when he asked, that a doctor helps. None of them where ready for the whole girls have vagina talk yet, as they got older we gave them more accurate anwsers. However, if your kids are ready, just be honest with them. You can't go wrong w/ telling the truth.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote