Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #31
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: The Big September Purge

How's it going?

I managed to get my thrift store pile taken out on friday. It frees up so much space and I'm feeling a bit motivated to start again. It's funny how that pile was weighing me down. Iwas also shocked at how much stuff was in that pile. I didn't realize that I had purged as much as I did. But when I look around I still see so much to go. So I guess it's time to get back at it.

This might be odd for some but we have decided to let our dog go. We've been deciding about what we love, use etc. And it's been a tough decision, but it's not working for us. We aren't able to give her the time and love that she deserves. So in our quest for a simple life we have really had to look hard at all areas of our life. It's sad, but we need to do what's best for the dog. We've listed her on our local classifieds today and I hope that someone will be able to love her.

Advertisement

Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #32
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I feel like I'm always getting rid of stuff. I don't know how we have anything left anymore LOL! Obviously somehow it keeps sneaking in.

I donated a bunch of stuff to a thrift store last week, about two garbage sacks of clothes and toys. Got rid of all my tired summer clothes. I also sent off very large boxes of stuff to trade-in on Amazon. I never count the amount of stuff, but it's a ton.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #33
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Joining in super late, but I have been purging right alongside you. For the past month or so, I've been vigorously purging my house of the excess. I've been following along w/ the 40 day purge for ideas, but also purging all of my house at one time. My big project is going through 7 big bins of Barbies which my daughter won't use for a few years, but are bogging my mind down. I'm almost done the initial purge and will hopefully be able to purge more once it's all sorted and I see what I have. If anyone has kids that used Barbies and can suggest quantities of what to keep, I'd appreciate it. Beyond the Barbies, I've been filling a long shelf weekly and donating at the end of the week. I'm reorganizing as I go and have totally been cutting back on shopping due to the realization that eventhough I'm by far the least cluttery of my family members, I still have so much excess while my bank account is dwindling.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #34
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

My sister was Big into Barbies and she had about seven or eight Barbies with various clothes and I think maybe a tent and a horse and that was more than enough to keep her happy. We also used a small suitcase for the barbies. Dd has our smallest rolling suitcase so it fits under the bed
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 09-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #35
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid View Post
My sister was Big into Barbies and she had about seven or eight Barbies with various clothes and I think maybe a tent and a horse and that was more than enough to keep her happy. We also used a small suitcase for the barbies. Dd has our smallest rolling suitcase so it fits under the bed
Oh crap! I still need to go through my initial selections, but I already have a car or two, 20 dolls (once you count the kids and babies b/c I was trying to have a selection of different ethnicities, hair colors, ages and genders), a horse, a bed, nightstand and maybe an armoir, a 3 or 4 piece kitchen with tons of food items, a restaurant, TONS of clothes, some stuff for a grocery store, baby gear, etc. Thank you for your input! I knew I was being excessive, but thought that getting rid of the 2 houses and 5 bins was enough. I really have to get it down to one bin. Can't wait to have my attic back. I love your idea to store them in a suitcase.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #36
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Since they are used barbies really check their heads. I noticed that some of the barbies that I had as a kid when I gave them to DD their necks were cracked and the heads fell off. That might help you decide what to get rid of.
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #37
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I just ditched all my barbies. 2 cases full. I have no DD & DSd had her fun with thenm like 10 years ago. They are on curb alert on my CL.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #38
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Smile Re: The Big September Purge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid View Post
This might be odd for some but we have decided to let our dog go. We've been deciding about what we love, use etc. And it's been a tough decision, but it's not working for us. We aren't able to give her the time and love that she deserves. So in our quest for a simple life we have really had to look hard at all areas of our life. It's sad, but we need to do what's best for the dog. We've listed her on our local classifieds today and I hope that someone will be able to love her.
Been lurking on the topic. Saw your post, sorry it has come to that and I hope you find a loving home for that pup.

We have had lots of critters, dogs, cats, fish, birds, bunnies, etc. I know how it can be a full time job just keeping up with them. The doves we recently opened the coop door and now they "free range". It is awesome how they are in our trees in the back and we still feed and water them every day. Same with our bunnies, they are much happier not being cooped up.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #39
MattiMaman
Registered Users
seller

Happy that so many are making progress!

I'm at 101 gone for the month. Not bad, but behind the curve as far as my monthly goal. I wasn't able to get as many items ready for the consignment sale as I had hoped, but there's another smaller sale at the end of the month. I'm going to try and get a bunch sold there!

Hoping to hit the garage hard this weekend!
MattiMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #40
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have not done our big laundry pile yet but plan to Saturday. I am excited lol!