Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #41
browneyedgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Big September Purge

Ugh, I've not been very productive. I seriously have a pinterest problem. have you seen that joke on pinterest about it being electronic hoarding? It totally is!

I've told my dh not to let me on the computer tonight until our room is finished. I'm 75% done, I just need to throw some stuff away.

Advertisement

browneyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #42
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid View Post
Since they are used barbies really check their heads. I noticed that some of the barbies that I had as a kid when I gave them to DD their necks were cracked and the heads fell off. That might help you decide what to get rid of.
I started w/ over 100! There were some missing limbs and heads. Went through another bin and encountered the Barbies' body parts. So creepy.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #43
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had 2 cases of Barbies, 4 small boxes of clothing, the dreaded blue bowl from previous posts (with bad juju), a box of books, a bag of Dr Brown's bottles, an Army Wife mug (cuz I'm no longer an army wife) and a stuffed dog leave my home forever due to a CL curb alert. I'm currently waiting on my hubs to bring in a box of glasses from my youth for me to list on CL. These are the camping Peanuts glass collection from McDonalds in the 80's. Gonna list them for a week or so then donate. If I do donate I may keep one though. I love me some Snoopy.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #44
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
I had 2 cases of Barbies, 4 small boxes of clothing, the dreaded blue bowl from previous posts (with bad juju), a box of books, a bag of Dr Brown's bottles, an Army Wife mug (cuz I'm no longer an army wife) and a stuffed dog leave my home forever due to a CL curb alert. I'm currently waiting on my hubs to bring in a box of glasses from my youth for me to list on CL. These are the camping Peanuts glass collection from McDonalds in the 80's. Gonna list them for a week or so then donate. If I do donate I may keep one though. I love me some Snoopy.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Way to purge! Glad the bad juju bowl is gone.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #45
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom

Way to purge! Glad the bad juju bowl is gone.
Thanks, . I am so happy the bowl is gone. I read a book Switcheroo by Olivia Goldsmith where the wife finds out her husband of nearly 20 years is cheating & breaks a ton of pottery as stress relief. I would have loved to smash that blue bowl, haha.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #46
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Haven't checked into this thread in a few days- been dealing with mastitis and just trying to get thru each day. I have managed to purge a rubbermaid of nb & 0-3 mth baby clothes.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #47
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I put a box of old Children's Encyclopedias, a shot glass & a Christmas quilt out on the curb an hour ago & they are still there. But I got rid of them.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 09-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #48
MattiMaman
Registered Users
seller

How's everyone doing? As of the 15th, I'm only at 25% of my goal. That's still 125 items, so I'm not too bummed. I wasn't able to get as many clothes into the consignment sale as I had hoped, but there's another at the end of the month-I should have 100+ items to consign.

Tomorrow I hit the garage while DS is in preschool. I know it will take a couple of days to see results in there, but I'm excited to get it back in order after water damage last month. :/
MattiMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #49
MattiMaman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19
I put a box of old Children's Encyclopedias, a shot glass & a Christmas quilt out on the curb an hour ago & they are still there. But I got rid of them.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Jodie,

Do you just set stuff out or do you put something on CL? We have an older TV and gas grill that function but Goodwill won't take them. I'd like to put them out with the trash tomorrow night but we live in a low-traffic neighborhood. I thought about a free listing on CL but I'm leery of strangers...

I'd love to get those two things gone tomorrow, though!
MattiMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #50
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have done both a curb alert on CL & just set them out on the curb with free signs. The curb alert works best. Those Encyclopedias are on my porch now. My sister asked for them but they don't close on their house til mid October

If you are leary of curb alerts (I delete as soon as it is gone) then maybe Freecycle or a local FaceBook freebie group would work? My old house was much better for just setting stuff out. It was almost always gone in a few hours. Good luck getting that stuff gone.

Jodie ~ wife & mama