Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #51
MattiMaman
Registered Users
seller

Tried the curb alert...hopefully it will be gone in the morning! I set it out because it's trash night, so I'll have to drag it back tomorrow if no one bites (strict HOA).

Only 15 items purged from garage today (ran out of time!) but I'll keep at it this week/weekend.

Advertisement

MattiMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #52
MattiMaman
Registered Users
seller

Curb alert worked for the broken end table...trash got the TV. It was a little ouch to see it go into the garbage truck, but I'd already tried to donate it and it was refused due to age. :/

So happy to have two big garage items out! Hopefully LO will take a good nap and I'll have enough energy this afternoon to keep plugging away.

Anyone else still around?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #53
isabelsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Big September Purge

I'm here. Just got rid of a huge bag of dd's outgrown clothes to dh's friend from work. So cool to have it gone and to a good home! I have to do more clothes sorting today, we have so much. All going to goodwill, I don't have the patience I even think of selling these days.
Will check back in with progress later. Hoping to fill a few bags today.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #54
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I'm still here. I've been going to town on clothes lately. It's been feeling GREAT!!! All handme downs waiting to fit have been gone through, purged and reboxed. Dressers and closets are all done. I even went through the hope chest. I have a bag to take to the pregnancy care centre. Love taking my precious things there rather than the thrift store.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #55
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been off these past few days but I really wanted to do paper clutter and I have gotten a bunch collected. Shred-athon is next Saturday. The end of the month is coming so quickly!

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #56
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Got rid of the box my Nook came in, several old magazines, a skirt, cleaned out a purse (lots of trash), several samples I will never use and a rouge baby sock. Still debating if I want to donate my old purse. It is 9 yo, the pockets & body no longer match (faded) and it just doesn't look its best but I LOVE that thing. I wish I could find another...

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #57
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

I've been slowed down as my kid's been sick, but still managed to drop off a trunk load plus a huge box of stuff. I've also continued on my Great Barbie Purge of 2012 (no bulimic jokes necessary). Still at 3 totes, but have to get down to at least 2. 1 would be best, but I don't think it's going to happen. Even separated out some of the skanky stuff so my daughter's Barbies won't get high, skinny heel shoes when she's 7. Just want to get through this project so I can hopefully get rid of all the outcast totes full of stuff and Barbie houses. Also, then I can start attacking our X-Mas decorations.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #58
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Life gets busy and I havent' done much lately. But preschool is tomorrow and I seem to do my best while DS is at school and DD is at preschool. So I'm hoping to start somewhere, not sure where.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #59
MattiMaman
Registered Users
seller

I can't believe September is almost over! I've been a little down this month. We're in the midst of home repairs that are taking all my time and energy. Tomorrow LO is at preschool so I should be able to finish tagging his consignment stuff. Then I need to work on my closet...I drop off on Thursday for both. Doesn't look like there's much of a chance for me hitting my big goal, but I know any amount purged is good. We're in limbo with the garage due to the repairs, so I'm going to focus on clothing this week and get some stuff OUT!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #60
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Good luck everyone! Remember, even if we don't meet our goals, we can always do more next month AND our houses already look better b/c of all that we did rid ourselves of this month.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote