Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: September TTC #1 -No Children Mentioned-

FX Becca!

I'm on CD 11. My period has finally decided to finally on day 11 to be more than spotting? IDK what's going on this month for sure. Maybe part of it had to do with the Soy on CD 3-7? Who knows. I'd still say my cycle is on the light side.

Can you move me to Waiting to Ovulate? Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Hey ladies. Sorry to hear about all the issues, the wreck and more pregnancies. I have several people I "don't like very much" (to put it nicely) that I just found out are pregnant, plus working at a baby store...just kind of in your face a lot.

I didn't get around to taking soy this cycle. I'm on CD 9 right now, I've been getting cycles every 2 weeks ever since my first round of Provera. This last cycle was very very light. This is probably all going to be TMI, but no blood ever came out of my vagina. If I reached inside, there was blood and tissue, and if I used a menstrual cup (I've been using Instead cups, but I want to buy a reusable one), I would catch fluids, but when I was just wearing a pad, there was never anything on it. It was just kind of weird. It went on for 5 days, like usual, though. When I'm not bleeding, I'm having a very thick, lotion-y like discharge that I'm betting is the furthest from fertile CM that I could have.

What is up with all of our cycles lately?

Can I remove Metformin from my name? It made me so incredibly sick that I haven't been taking it for a while, but that means I'm not treating my PCOS.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #13
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's good to hear from your Jess! There's only been a few of us lately, I think a lot of us are getting burnt out.

It's so hard not to be jealous of pregnancies for sure, and they make you feel really blech if it's someone you don't even like.

My MIL told me my SIL started TTC. Not suprised, I knew it was coming, and no it's not like "oh she's pregnant" but I just feel in my gut she's going to get pregnant before us. I love my SIL and I'd be super excited when she gets pregnant, but I still got really sad about it and ended up breaking down after my MIL left today and crying a lot on my husband. SIL had gastric bypass done a little over a year ago and lost a ton of weight, which I'm sure will help with their TTC. I think it just makes me really jealous because I've been trying to lose weight since January and only lost 25lbs. Not that I think bypass would be good for me, because it's totally a mental thing, but it's hard to watch sometimes, yah know?

I've been feeling pretty depressed the last day or two since I found out about that person I really don't like getting pregnant..and then hearing about my SIL starting to TTC was just too much on top of that. In a better note hubby drove me for sushi for dinner that was an hour away..and went to Joann's and bought some cute fabric for making some baby stuff from the Fishstick pattern.

I hear you on the baby front! I don't have it as bad because I don't work in a store and see pregnant ladies/babies/kids all day, but I'm not sure my starting up a business of sewing/selling diapers is probably good for my baby obsession.

My hubby also keeps telling me I'm being really impatient about getting pregnant. Idk I think 9 months is an awful long time!

Last edited by opheliaspins; 09-08-2012 at 12:40 AM.
opheliaspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #14
robinology
Registered Users
seller

Okay, WOW I missed a lot. First, Becca, I am extremely glad you are okay and I REALLY hope that nausea is a little bean!!! Second of all, I popped by to share the thing that has had me giddy all day:

My birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the most remarkable thing since it would the the 3rd generation (if it magically happened) to be born on the 26th. My dad and I share the same birthday, so it'd be the best 3 generations of birthdays ever!

I am currently in the 2ww and I'm surprisingly patient and calm about it. I think it's because I know that no matter what happens, it'll be okay. I either get a BFP, or I get time to focus on myself and a break.

Hopefully your cycles work out ladies. I'm going to really try to continuously check on here. Life's been kinda hectic, so I keep forgetting!

TTC #1!
Swag with me!
robinology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #15
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Glad to hear from your Robin! Good luck on the BFP! I finally just realized I should just subscribe to this thread so i don't miss anything, lol. Took me long enough to figure it out eh?
Old 09-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #16
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, I've definitely been feeling burned out. I'm almost positive I'm not ovulating, and it would probably help if I gained some weight. Last time I was weighed (about 3 weeks ago, I don't have a scale) I was at 106 but I need to be around 120 or so to really feel my best. It's just not happening. If I don't eat more than I want, I lose weight, so trying to gain weight is such a struggle.

I found out my boss has PCOS and doesn't have cycles without Provera. She takes Metformin every day still. She told me that it took her six years and fertility treatments to have her son. I am honestly terrified that it will be the same for me, even though I'm way younger - she was already hovering around 40 (I'm not totally sure how old she is). We have been trying for 11 months already. Next month will make one year which brings the "infertile" diagnosis. I don't want to hear those words. I tried telling my best friend (who is currently a missionary and we can only communicate via letters) that exact thing, and she sent me 3 pages of telling me to pray about it and that Jesus knows my struggle and "I know you're not religious, but I felt like I needed to tell you this" and I was so heartbroken. There was no "friend" advice in that letter and it didn't sound like her at all. We had also been talking about her coming to live with us after her mission ends in February, and in this letter, she was just like, "I hope I didn't lead you on, but I'm NOT coming to live with you....maybe a visit sometime." It was so unlike her and really stung. We've been BFFs since I was 7, I have no idea what's gotten into her, but she was the only person I've told about all this besides my DH - so the only outside perspective.

I am so glad we have this community here and that we can all vent to each other. Especially since we really do understand what each of us are going through. My husband is really good about all this and has recently decided he really wants a baby now instead of a "that would be nice" mentality. He knows I'm really struggling and does everything he can to make me feel better, but it's not really the same as a woman.

I realize I'm really just rambling now, but it's been kind of bottled up. I just wanted to say thanks for being here for me and I hope you ladies feel the same. FX for us all.

On a happier note, I got my college diploma in the mail today.

Last edited by Kenshin; 09-08-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you are almost coming to one year Jess. We both struggle with the weight issue, but we have opposite problems. Eating too much doesn't sound that hard to me, but I would imagine it's as hard for you to gain as it is for me to lose and maybe even more so. It's completely a mental thing for me. When I try to lose weight, I lose it very easily.

I'm sorry about your friend. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm very much NOT religious and I don't really think hearing stuff like that helps anyone that isn't super religious either.

Sorry you are coming up on a year.

I'm at 9 months right now, and while obviously it would be amazing to convince before the 12 months is up I'd almost rather have them be done by now and get to go to the doctor for help.

My hubby and I were talking last night and he said before we try to get any really serious expensive help we should both really try to lose weight seriously. I assume he means more like IVF than like clomid or something like that. I wonder how much clomid costs with insurance?

Yeah having women to talk to is always nice.

Any of you are welcome to add me on facebook if you want to ever chat, I'm on there a lot and I love doing the IM like chatting, lol I'm Rebecca Daniels Slaymaker, pretty easy to find with my name.

My hubby definitely wants a baby/kids but he thinks I should be more patient! lol
Old 09-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #18
Kenshin
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think it would be easier to lose weight if you guys are both working on it. My husband needs to lose weight and I need to gain it, so we need opposite things, haha. I am drinking full fat milk and he needs skim, I add avocado and butter to everything and he really needs less of it, just for example. Maybe you guys will find an exercise program that is fun to do together like going on walks or something. We used to love to do that, but we are not in the safest neighborhood right now, TBH.

Clomid is like $9 per month if you get it at Walmart (generic, probably). My doctor called them to get prices for me a while back. And it's just me personally, (no judgement against people who do), but intrusive fertility treatments are not for me..I don't think I would do more than Clomid. If that doesn't work, I would save up for adoption.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well my hubby and I could both lose weight! And when I am trying he does too, but sometimes if we are on not the same level of commitment it is tough. We both have the same weakness (Chinese buffets and Mexican food) and if I get week and say lets go out to dinner he rarely says no. We've tried doing stuff like taking the dogs for a walk (instead of taking her out in the yard) and it works for a while but then it stops. We had tried doing the Y for a while and that didn't last long either.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #20
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinology View Post
Okay, WOW I missed a lot. First, Becca, I am extremely glad you are okay and I REALLY hope that nausea is a little bean!!! Second of all, I popped by to share the thing that has had me giddy all day:

My birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the most remarkable thing since it would the the 3rd generation (if it magically happened) to be born on the 26th. My dad and I share the same birthday, so it'd be the best 3 generations of birthdays ever!

I am currently in the 2ww and I'm surprisingly patient and calm about it. I think it's because I know that no matter what happens, it'll be okay. I either get a BFP, or I get time to focus on myself and a break.

Hopefully your cycles work out ladies. I'm going to really try to continuously check on here. Life's been kinda hectic, so I keep forgetting!
If i'm pregnant this cycle my EED would be May 24th 2013.