Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Mini Minimalist Challenge 9/3-9/7

Mini Minimalist Challenge runs for the week, Monday-Friday, with weekends off. I will be posting the entire week of challenges in advance. I suggest, if you are able to, taking your weeks worth of donations and drop them off on Saturday/Sunday to avoid a new clutter spot. Out of sight, out of mind. Before and after pictures are great if you want to post them to inspire others. Suggestions welcome, please PM me. Lets get minimal ladies!!!

Week 25

Monday 9/3--I took a holiday. Feel free to work on your hot spot if you don't want to miss a day. :-)

Tuesday 9/4--laundry room/broom closet. Purge 5 items. The blouse you keep failing to remove the stain from, lint/trash. Cleaners you will never use, etc. If you have kept this space tidy since the last purge, it is a great time to sweep any runaway lint and wipe down your washer and dryer (how do they get so hunky so fast??).

Wednesday 9/5--stored clothing or toys. It is consignment sale tine in most cities. Great time to go through the stored maternity and childrens clothes and be honest about what you will use. If you don't love it, sell or donate. Try to purge at least 5 items.

Thursday 9/6--vehicle purge-purge 5 items from your most cluttered vehicle. If you are great about no toys/food/etc on the car, take the time to do a quick detail of the inside

Friday 9/7--friday free day! Pick a hot spot and get after it!!

Happy purging, ladies!

**If these areas don't need attention in your home, feel free to substitute with an area that does. =-) Post here for company and encouragement!**

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Sorry for the late post. Things are crazy around here lately. Today I purged some hygiene items. We got rid of our toddler slides this weekend. That's three large items out of our backyard! Woot! Hubby got a bag of trash from upstairs. Who knows what he purged, but I'm gonna just go with it for once :-)

Gotta get my basket of kids clothes ready for a consignment sale. I was donating everything until a week or two ago, so hopefully I have enough to consign.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ditched a yucky bottle of flea shampoo, a broken junk watch, piece of costume jewelry (ring), barette that is for much thicker hair than I will ever have, 2 used lancets (barf) and a bent hair pick. I think I may sell the baby's bath tub. It looks like a bucket & has been used less than 5 times. We just use the tub. Think I will clean it up & list it tomorrow on CL.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge 9/3-9/7

Good purge, mama!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Did the laundry area. Wiped off both machines, hung up the dryer vent cleaner thingies and tidied up. Nothing to purge as we are pretty minimal there.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 09-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge 9/3-9/7

I need to hop back in!

I finally got my dining room back. After the baby was born it became our dropping zone, but I finally finished it yesterday (and then promptly stained the table green when I was making rainbow rice and pasta for DS to play with, oops!).

Laundry room is good, just cleaned it up recently. We just recently got a new washer, so I gave it a thorough cleaning then.

Perfect week for stored clothing... just went through a bunch of DS's outgrown clothes, took out what I wanted to keep, and gave the rest to my friend (who is expecting a boy this winter). I didn't count everything, but I'd say I got rid of at least 40 things, probably more. I finished going through DD's closet yesterday, and have more things set aside, too (but am waiting a bit longer before putting things in storage or giving them to my friend, just to make it worth hauling out storage bins or having her come over to sort through what she wants).

My car could use a quick cleaning and purging, so I will add that to my list for today. It isn't terrible, but I'm still getting used to getting in and out with two kids, so stuff tends to get left behind if it doesn't need to come inside right away.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not really on the list BUT I finally got my husband the mug hoarder to get rid of 5 mugs, (I added 1 )and 2 to go mugs so 8 coffee holders are going... woo hoo!

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
6 shirts from Ds1 donated. Gotta work on DS2s stuff tomorrow.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 09-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I hate to wait so I went through 2 boxes of stuff just now. 21 items of clothing & a bag of bottles to donate. Woo hoo.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Old 09-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Wow, ladies!! Big fail on my part, not getting a new thread up for this week. Remembered late last night. We listed our house this week and we have been scrambling to get/keep everything ready. Any volunteers to put up challenges for the next couple weeks?