Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #31
jhays84
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakodasMomma
Your name: Beverlee Ray
Starting Weight: 285lbs
Current Weight: 245lbs
Short-Term Goal: 20lbs by my Birthday October 24th
Long-Term Goal: 150lbs
Weight Lost to Date: 40pounds
Weight Loss Plan: Working my butt off at the gym and eating a whole lot less and healthier things..

I know I havent been on in a while, between working and working out and being a single mom... BUT I wanted to share a picture.. I am in my underwear.. but I'm not naked.. The first was taken in January, but In June of this year I was still 272lbs.. so it's not far off.. the second was taken today!!!

January 2012: 277 pounds

September 2012 Today 245lbs.
AWESOME!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #32
Oropeza13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mamas September Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I have PCOS, too. We are at higher risk for type 2 diabetes, but not all of us get it. Staying on met and doing a diabetic diet can make it never happen.

Thanks. I'm glad to have met someone who has this also. I've not told really anyone about it. All the DS mama's seem to just be so much more understanding The obgyn made it seem like I had no hope that I would eventually develop it! I've been trying very hard since the diagnosis. Do you find that it makes it ten times harder for you to lose weight also?

TTC
Oropeza13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #33
Oropeza13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I am into the ancestral health thing... paleo/primal etc... and I don't want anyone to think I am trying to push this on them or that I am being insensitive, but I remembered you ladies talking about PCOS and wanted to share this post from today.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/overc...#axzz25p9HOGOZ

Thanks for the info. What a great story! I have a few friends that follow the paleo diet. A couple who have had gastric bypass. They seem to really enjoy it and have success with it several years after their surgery. However, it is not for me I've been a vegetarian for years

TTC
Oropeza13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #34
joga93
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi All

Hope it's alright if I join in, I just went to my first personal training session yesterday. I have a long journey ahead of me after having 2 kiddos 18 months apart, my weight has just gotten out of control.

Your name: Linda
Starting Weight: 263 this morning
Current Weight: 263 this morning, lol
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March): 40 lbs by end of year, my trainer thinks I can lose 10 lbs per month safely
Long-Term Goal: I would love to get down to anything under 160
Weight Lost to Date: just started, so none yet
Weight Loss Plan: Personal trainer every 2 weeks, watching what I eat and doing the workouts my trainer gives me a couple times a week between sessions
joga93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #35
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oropeza13 View Post
Thanks for the info. What a great story! I have a few friends that follow the paleo diet. A couple who have had gastric bypass. They seem to really enjoy it and have success with it several years after their surgery. However, it is not for me I've been a vegetarian for years
A few of the comments from readers were interesting too:
Quote:
PCOS is caused by insulin resistance.Itís too bad more doctors donít recommend the primal diet. Often women are told they need to lose weight to get rid of the PCOS, but are not told it is important to cut way back on carbs. In fact, a minority of women with PCOS are not overweight, but probably consume too many carbs.
And then there were a few more pointing specifically to wheat & toxins in grains. Yes, I know, not everyone subscribes to the toxic grains thing, but regardless, I found it interesting. I shared it with my best friend who has PCOS too I hope it helps someone out there <3
Old 09-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #36
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oropeza13 View Post
Thanks. I'm glad to have met someone who has this also. I've not told really anyone about it. All the DS mama's seem to just be so much more understanding The obgyn made it seem like I had no hope that I would eventually develop it! I've been trying very hard since the diagnosis. Do you find that it makes it ten times harder for you to lose weight also?
I do find it harder to lose weight at times. But I am also 38 yrs old so I am sure that has something to do with it....LOL! THe carbs are what I stay away from. My sugar is stable and I eat healthy. I have no signs of diabetes according to my endocrinologist who manages my PCOS and my thyroid. She says that I am doing great. So, do not trust a gyno with the full scope on how PCOS works for systems other than the reproduction ones, the ones they specialize in. Also, on Metformin it does get easier to lose weight as it fixes the PCOS so that your endocrin system begins to work normally again.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #37
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Oh - I am stalled at 160.3 again today. I am going out tonight for drinks and sushi. I hope I do not gain a ton from it. I am hoping a break for a day will trigger my body back into a loss cycle.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #38
TakodasMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to say... I weighed myself this morning and even on my period... I weighed in at 242.2! I think I'm starting to love running..
Old 09-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #39
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I was 162.8 today after last night's feast. Water weight for sure. It was worth it. I hope to drop back down tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
kevandcare
Registered Users

My Mood:
Hi all! I'm so happy this thread exists!!

Name: Carolyn
Starting/current weight: 245
Short term goal: -20 by November
Long term goal: to be healthy and active. I haven't set a weight goal yet since I am just starting out. I think I need to think about it a little while longer.
Weight Loss Plan: eating healthy and exercise.
kevandcare is offline   Reply With Quote