Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #141
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree
I'm trying to go paleo, but I've been debating adding steel cut oats too. When I first lost a lot of weight and was in awesome shape, I had oatmeal for breakfast everyday. I'm just not sure if it would make a difference or not, or if I should just stick with the mostly paleo diet. I haven't had hardly any bread products for the most part. I'm usually eating veggies, kefir, small amount of cheese (really small), lots of hard boiled eggs, all types of meat but mostly chicken/fish, hardly any fruit (only a banana each day usually).

Anyone really smart when it comes to nutrition stuff? I don't know if last time I lost so much weight because I was eating a bit of steel cut oats and quinoa/healthy grains everyday, or if it was just because I was a bit more strict about working out/not cheating that time.
I think it's up to you and your body. Like for me, i know if i have oatmeal in the morning, it raises my blood sugar. I will be hungry in an hour. So i cant have grains. If your body is ok with it, then i say go for it. Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast and i wish i could eat it

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #142
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge September thread

Well I did pretty awful yesterday but today is going good. I am down to only 3spoonfuls of sugar and 2 packets stevia in my pot of coffee (I drink it iced throughout the day). Hopefully it'll be all stevia by next week. I have been feeling so much better since starting to eat better. I even fit into some shirts that were too tight, my arms are big and they have definitely gotten smaller.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #143
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
Well I did pretty awful yesterday but today is going good. I am down to only 3spoonfuls of sugar and 2 packets stevia in my pot of coffee (I drink it iced throughout the day). Hopefully it'll be all stevia by next week. I have been feeling so much better since starting to eat better. I even fit into some shirts that were too tight, my arms are big and they have definitely gotten smaller.
That's great!! I caved ad had a soda with lunch today, I really need to get rid of those all together. I had a bad weekend, and I felt aweful last night. I swear how did I eat like that. I didn't eat a crazy amount, but the food I ate were not healthy for me and I felt it by the end of last night.

Today 4 miles down walking (taking advantage if the nice weather) I feel much better.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #144
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I weighed on Friday and it said 157!!! I did not want to post until I was sure it wasn't a fluke :/ I ac.not believe I broke 160. I'm eating clean minus the roasted almonds. No cheese bread dairy latkey. Finally got over the low carb flu. I swear it gets worse every time. I was fixing fried okra for family today and was dying a little for some. Nope-nope-nope.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #145
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy View Post
I weighed on Friday and it said 157!!! I did not want to post until I was sure it wasn't a fluke :/ I ac.not believe I broke 160. I'm eating clean minus the roasted almonds. No cheese bread dairy latkey. Finally got over the low carb flu. I swear it gets worse every time. I was fixing fried okra for family today and was dying a little for some. Nope-nope-nope.
My family loves fried okra! I can't stand it...too slimy.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #146
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy View Post
good job!

AFM, I missed my run today oh well. We ate out for breakfast because we were running late to take DD to school and DH and I weren't able to eat at home. Plus he wants to pick up dinner. But I've stuck to no carbs. I did sneak a couple bites of DD's ice cream today. but overall haven't been eating too much sugar. I have been resisting the cookies in my house very well.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #147
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh. DD got tonsillitis and has been miserable, so she's eating a lot of ice cream. I convinced myself not to have any today and ended up eating 5 pieces of cornbread instead (after eating well all day!). I am also sick, and missed my workout because I fell asleep at 6:30. Not a great last few days.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #148
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegud View Post
Ugh. DD got tonsillitis and has been miserable, so she's eating a lot of ice cream. I convinced myself not to have any today and ended up eating 5 pieces of cornbread instead (after eating well all day!). I am also sick, and missed my workout because I fell asleep at 6:30. Not a great last few days.
Gah,I can eat the heck out of some cornbread!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #149
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Yeah, it's delicious! At least it was homemade and small pieces, I can still hold on to that thought.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #150
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76

good job!

AFM, I missed my run today oh well. We ate out for breakfast because we were running late to take DD to school and DH and I weren't able to eat at home. Plus he wants to pick up dinner. But I've stuck to no carbs. I did sneak a couple bites of DD's ice cream today. but overall haven't been eating too much sugar. I have been resisting the cookies in my house very well.
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegud
I hope your DD feels better soon, don't sweat it. Your tired and you baby is sick let yourself off the hook.

Quote:

me too!

Last edited by Mac & Cheeses mom; 09-11-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote