Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #511
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge September thread

I need help. I'm having such a hard time eating well. It's just so hard.
I think I may need to approach this weight loss thing differently. Maybe trying to eat well and exercise a ton isnt the best approach for me. I know that's how it's supposed to be but I'm starting to think it's just too dang much.
I'm thinking of maybe focusing on the diet part. I did well losing on teh South beach diet before, I may try again. Basically there's like a detox 2 weeks with no fruits or sugars. Then you slowly add in fruits and complex carbs. if you start to gain, then back off. it's about figuring out what is right for your body.
I have 4 months left to lose 25 pounds. Obvi what I'm doing isn't really working. I'm thinking SBD and regular ol' walking for a couple weeks (or even no exercise at all and just focus on diet) , then back into running and lifting. Start slow with the exercise and one day go back to Insanity.

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #512
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
I think I may need to approach this weight loss thing differently. Maybe trying to eat well and exercise a ton isnt the best approach for me. I know that's how it's supposed to be but I'm starting to think it's just too dang much.
I'm thinking of maybe focusing on the diet part. I did well losing on teh South beach diet before, I may try again. Basically there's like a detox 2 weeks with no fruits or sugars. Then you slowly add in fruits and complex carbs. if you start to gain, then back off. it's about figuring out what is right for your body.
I have 4 months left to lose 25 pounds. Obvi what I'm doing isn't really working. I'm thinking SBD and regular ol' walking for a couple weeks (or even no exercise at all and just focus on diet) , then back into running and lifting. Start slow with the exercise and one day go back to Insanity.
I agree. Start with diet first, but you need to add exercise back in at some point. It's not all about weight. It's about the inches lost too. Some people lose inches before they lose weight and vise versa. Normally when you don't see a loss on the scale you will see one in inches. If your gaining, then diet could be the problem.

Try a reset with diet, then slowly add in exercise.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #513
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
I agree. Start with diet first, but you need to add exercise back in at some point. It's not all about weight. It's about the inches lost too. Some people lose inches before they lose weight and vise versa. Normally when you don't see a loss on the scale you will see one in inches. If your gaining, then diet could be the problem.

Try a reset with diet, then slowly add in exercise.
thanks. I really think this may be a better approach. Today is already shot, so starting tomorrow, I'm going to focus on the first phase of SBD. I think with exercise, I get too hungry and start eating whatever I can find and my diet goes to hell. after 2 wks I'll add back in fruit and start up C25K again.

How long do apples last in the frig? I just bought some today
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #514
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
I pretty much only walk for exercise. Walking is so beneficial even if it's all you do. I am really bad about diet too. I just really don't like healthy food so I have to force myself to eat them. Half the time I jsut don't eat rather than eat junk. Not good. I've found just changing one thing at a time and not worrying about the rest is really helpful. Pick one thing to change in your diet and then stick with it until its a habit before moving on to another thing. My big challenge when DS was born was soda. He couldn't handle caffeine and I took it as an opportunity to stop drinking it. For a long time I craved it but now it doesn't even taste good anymore. I think if I had tried to change a bunch of things it wouldn't have worked.

ETA: what is the premise of the south beach diet? Just curious. Oh, and I have foudn that apples last a couple weeks ofr me and I don't even put them in the fridge...kind of scary now that I think of it. I've got to start getting organic.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused

Last edited by waterisntsomething; 09-24-2012 at 08:54 PM.
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #515
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks guys. I'm going to start tomorrow with the new diet and go on for 2 weeks. maybe do some walking but that's it for exercise.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #516
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
I agree start with diet first. Try only eating when you are truly hungry and eat high protein. Carbs digest fast leaving you wanting more food sooner. Protein stays with you longer. I can eat very little in a day and not be hungry at all. Drink lots of water too. It helps cleanse and keeps you full.

I lost again last night and am down to 151.2!!! THat is the first pound down to my new goal of 143. I hope the trend keeps going and I do not stall. I have not been eating enough as I am not hungry much. Today I am adding oatmeal for lunch into my diet for my supply. I think it will help. We are having crockpot roast tonight for dinner.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #517
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

<----- snip-------->

I lost again last night and am down to 151.2!!! THat is the first pound down to my new goal of 143. I hope the trend keeps going and I do not stall. I have not been eating enough as I am not hungry much. Today I am adding oatmeal for lunch into my diet for my supply. I think it will help. We are having crockpot roast tonight for dinner.
Great job!!! We are having tacos..... Mines going to be a salad, but still yumm.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #518
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Great job!!! We are having tacos..... Mines going to be a salad, but still yumm.
I love taco salad!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #519
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

I love taco salad!!!
Me too, I'm going to skip the taco shell though and have no crunchies
Old 09-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #520
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Me too, I'm going to skip the taco shell though and have no crunchies
If I avoid all other carbs I allow myself. Where I nurse, really low carbs go right to milk for me, or so it seems.