Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #531
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge September thread

I just have to say, kale chips = yum!
I was at the farmer's market and saw kale for $1/bunch and figured what the heck. OMG it's sooo good. I put a little too much salt but other than that it's yummy. I need to buy more kale!

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #532
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So day 1 sbd and i think i did pretty well. I may have had too much sweet n low but no real sugar or carbs.
After lunch i had some kale chips, pea protein mixed in water with sweet n low to taste cause that stuff tastes nasty plain, celery with tuna, eggplant and tofu (cooked in soy sauce, a little sweet n low, apple cidar vinegar, garlic powder)
Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #533
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
So day 1 sbd and i think i did pretty well. I may have had too much sweet n low but no real sugar or carbs.
After lunch i had some kale chips, pea protein mixed in water with sweet n low to taste cause that stuff tastes nasty plain, celery with tuna, eggplant and tofu (cooked in soy sauce, a little sweet n low, apple cidar vinegar, garlic powder)
Nice!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #534
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

I have gained 5 lbs back. I'm so frustrated! I am training for a half marathon so running 4 times a week and still gaining?!?!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #535
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebl0901
I have gained 5 lbs back. I'm so frustrated! I am training for a half marathon so running 4 times a week and still gaining?!?!
Buckle down the eating. Plus if your running that much you might be retaining water/gaining muscle. Be ever diligent and you will start to lose again.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #536
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I am still at 151.4 today, and not complaining. I plan to keep up eating my oatmeal for lunch and protein for dinner. More stew for tonight. My stomach has shrunk as I cannot eat as much as I used to. I have to do smaller amounts. I am thinking of getting some avacodo. Been craving it like crazy.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #537
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Buckle down the eating. Plus if your running that much you might be retaining water/gaining muscle. Be ever diligent and you will start to lose again.
You're right. I mostly eat good but I have been having more and more slip ups. In the last year, though, I've been steadily losing weight without any issues, despite cheats here and there. I think if I'm more diligent and quit with the cheats, I should start losing. I REALLY want to lose about 15 before my half in December - I think that will help my time and make me feel better.

I wish I could attribute it to water weight or gaining muscle, but I'm afraid I can't. I don't really see any more muscle definition than before (even though I'm faster than I used to be??) and I definitely don't drink as much as I should.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #538
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebl0901

You're right. I mostly eat good but I have been having more and more slip ups. In the last year, though, I've been steadily losing weight without any issues, despite cheats here and there. I think if I'm more diligent and quit with the cheats, I should start losing. I REALLY want to lose about 15 before my half in December - I think that will help my time and make me feel better.

I wish I could attribute it to water weight or gaining muscle, but I'm afraid I can't. I don't really see any more muscle definition than before (even though I'm faster than I used to be??) and I definitely don't drink as much as I should.
You got this. We all slip up. Now your getting close to crunch time. You can do this!
Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #539
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebl0901 View Post

You can do it!!
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #540
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, guys!!

Today has been better. My biggest problem is after the sun goes down. DH works nights so I tend to put the kids to bed and then sit in front of the TV in the dark by myself and snack. I've GOT TO QUIT!!!!