Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #541
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,905
My Mood:
Anyone have any tips for working out w kids. I have an elliptical and a now flex like weight machine. I got them to stay off the elliptical today, and then they managed to find and dump a 5 gallon tub of wood sealant in the floor. I got 4 minutes in. Lifting is impossible. By the time I get in a mile... And it takes forever saying stop that don't do that... There is no way I can keep them entertained for me to lift. And I dread it!!
Mornings do not work. I ve tried it and wound up not getting the wo in just to feel like a failure all day. My mornings are FULL. Lunches and breakfasts, etc.

Advice?

Advertisement

Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #542
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy
Anyone have any tips for working out w kids. I have an elliptical and a now flex like weight machine. I got them to stay off the elliptical today, and then they managed to find and dump a 5 gallon tub of wood sealant in the floor. I got 4 minutes in. Lifting is impossible. By the time I get in a mile... And it takes forever saying stop that don't do that... There is no way I can keep them entertained for me to lift. And I dread it!!
Mornings do not work. I ve tried it and wound up not getting the wo in just to feel like a failure all day. My mornings are FULL. Lunches and breakfasts, etc.

Advice?
No clue, but I am in the same boat so hugs.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #543
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge September thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy View Post
Anyone have any tips for working out w kids. I have an elliptical and a now flex like weight machine. I got them to stay off the elliptical today, and then they managed to find and dump a 5 gallon tub of wood sealant in the floor. I got 4 minutes in. Lifting is impossible. By the time I get in a mile... And it takes forever saying stop that don't do that... There is no way I can keep them entertained for me to lift. And I dread it!!
Mornings do not work. I ve tried it and wound up not getting the wo in just to feel like a failure all day. My mornings are FULL. Lunches and breakfasts, etc.

Advice?
I would love to know too! I have been dying to go walking but I don't have a stroller and DS is too heavy to wear for too long. He also has separation anxiety so he's not fond of SO right now. Is there a time that they all nap that you could do it? Do you use tv? Can you make sure that when you do tv time you exercise then?

I finally bit the bullet and started using the myfitnesspal app. I'm actually going to have 300 calories left over after dinner!
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #544
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething

I would love to know too! I have been dying to go walking but I don't have a stroller and DS is too heavy to wear for too long. He also has separation anxiety so he's not fond of SO right now. Is there a time that they all nap that you could do it? Do you use tv? Can you make sure that when you do tv time you exercise then?

I finally bit the bullet and started using the myfitnesspal app. I'm actually going to have 300 calories left over after dinner!
Did you friend me on MFP?

The best time is the after bed time. That is what I have found.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #545
waterisntsomething's Avatar
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,618
My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge September thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Did you friend me on MFP?

The best time is the after bed time. That is what I have found.
I didn't know you were on there. What is you username and I will.
__________________
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbunnywool
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #546
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething

I didn't know you were on there. What is you username and I will.
It is likka_me
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #547
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,905
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom


The best time is the after bed time. That is what I have found.
That is a really good idea.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #548
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,272
My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge September thread

I tend to do things that don't require the kids away from me if they are up. Walk at Home DVDs are awesome because they can do it with me. I also try to workout while they're napping. and if absolutely necessary, I will put DS in the playpen until he starts screaming to get out.

I cooked up a ton of lentils today and made a salad with half. I added tomato, onion and celery and Italian dressing. and made hummus out of the rest. I'm enjoying hummus and carrots now.
__________________
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #549
l_Kimmie_l
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 12,584
My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge September thread

I am stuck at 151.4 right now. I was hoping to get into the 140s before I stalled. We will see. I really am not going to complain, but I am going to try to get out of this jag.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #550
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Yeah mine is going up! I hope it's just a fluke, to be on the safe side I an going to tighten up my food.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.