Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I have a theory!

Boy sperm swim faster but die sooner. So it would depend on when in your cycle you concieved. I don't think there is much truth in it. Both my previous pregnancies have been opposite (1 was super early, 1 was not until 4 weeks) and they were the same gender.

Advertisement

JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #12
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was the opposite. Got a BFP with DD at 10 DPO, a full 4 days before I missed AF, with 6 pm urine, and the line started showing even before I left the bathroom to come back and check later. My line with this baby boy was lighter at 14 DPO and took longer to show up. Sorry.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

my girls were both questionably light in color (but ones hcg levels at 5 weeks were outstandingly high they thought at first she might have had a twin) BUT supposably I'm having a boy this go around, and there was 0 doubt it was positive, bright, and got a positive when I would have been almost 3 weeks at best.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #14
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Congrats to you!

Sadly Shettles has been debunked and it's really not true at all. The time it takes for your egg to be fertilized and implant and the hcg make it to your urine varies naturally with each pregnancy, anywhere from 7-12ish days or more. It's fun to speculate though. This pregnancy I got a crazy early positive, yet have next to no symptoms. So I wonder if it's a boy this time as I just feel totally different.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&A'smommy View Post
I was like this. With my last 2 girls I got BFP extremely early like 8dpo but with this boy it wasn't until after my missed period and I tested 3 times from 8dpo to 12dpo.
Me too, well, except that I don't know the gender of #3 yet. But with DS I didn't get a BFP until the day I was expecting my period, even though I had tested 2-3 times in the days before. With DD, I got a clear as day BFP at 8dpo. With this babe, the "timing" theory would suggest that it should be a boy, but I also got a BFP at 8-9dpo... Should know gender soon, though!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #16
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have two girls. With DD#1 I peed on the test and it was positive before I could even set it on the counter! With DD#2 I got 2-3 really faint positives (didn't even tell my husband) and then finally bought a digital test at Target. So who knows?
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I don't really test early. I don't like to pee on my money

DD's test turned positive immediately, but I will say it was after two negatives. The reason I took those was because I was using an ovulation meter that never indicated I ovulated at all during the cycle we concieved DD. so, I was trying to figure out what was going on. With her, fairly yucky, but tolerable all day ms.

This baby's test was an afterthought when I realized I should have started my period. And it was positive before the pee finished soaking in (I always use a cup). MS started at the same time, but has perhaps been more tolerable. It's hard to say. Ready for it to be over. But won't know what this baby is until delivery time
Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #18
starfairy1980
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got my bfp w/ my son the day I missed my period, with both pregnancies (only one living son). I'm convinced the other baby was a boy. I just felt it, the same way I felt it w/ my living son. No girls, but I just knew I was preg probably a week after conception.
starfairy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I don't really test early. I don't like to pee on my money

DD's test turned positive immediately, but I will say it was after two negatives. The reason I took those was because I was using an ovulation meter that never indicated I ovulated at all during the cycle we concieved DD. so, I was trying to figure out what was going on. With her, fairly yucky, but tolerable all day ms.

This baby's test was an afterthought when I realized I should have started my period. And it was positive before the pee finished soaking in (I always use a cup). MS started at the same time, but has perhaps been more tolerable. It's hard to say. Ready for it to be over. But won't know what this baby is until delivery time
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #20
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

Eggs live about 16 hours after ovulation, so girl babies could not fertilize days later. According to shettles, to conceive a girl baby, you're supposed to have sex 3-4 days before ovulation because the sperm should already be there when you ovulate. Shettles is not really true, though, because the differences between X sperm and Y sperm are not great enough to cause fertilization differences.
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote