Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning sickness - please help i'm desperate

I've been trying to avoid and minimize the morning sickness for as long as possible. But it's finally caught up and I'm miserable. Curled up in a ball, hardly able to get out of bed, puking all day. This is what happened last time and I went through a solid 3 months of agony. The difference is that this time I have a baby to take care of There's a family history of really bad morning sickness.

Please help, how can I get out of bed when I feel so awful? I've tried ginger and other homeopathic things but it doesn't really make a difference. I think I'm only 4 or 5 weeks along. Please help!

Advertisement

mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
meesh38
Registered Users
seller

Re: Morning sickness - please help i'm desperate

I'm sorry, it's so hard to be so sick. I always felt like I was being tortured with the m/s. Sometimes the OBs can give you something to help, like Zofran. That helped in my second pregnancy. In my 3rd pregnancy, I took half a Unisom and a B6. It would help a little, to take the edge off. I also sipped on real gingerale throughout the day. I don't know if that helped or just felt like I was doing something. I also used the seabands but i don't think those did anything but maybe worth a try?
Old 09-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Get the book " be your own doctor" by Rachel weaver lots of good natural remedies in there for m/s
Old 09-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ginger tea, Preggie pops, lots of water, and rest. Morning sickness stinks!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
mama.oak
Registered Users

I was feeling that way all summer and have great respect for mamas who go through ms with other little ones to care for. This is my first, but it was an extra kind of hell when I was overnight babysitting for my niece and nephews, all 6 and under.

The only thing that provided any relief was eating a small amount of very simple foods every 1.5 hours. I had to change it up a lot because something I could stomach one day (or one hour) was unbearable the next. It was even harder for me to get drinks down, but I did okay with mineral water (like Pelligrino). Oh... and fresh air helped. As difficult as it can be, try to get outside for a bit.

I know there are some things that can be prescribed for really bad ms, including marijuana (depending on what state you're in). Luckily, I didn't have a baby to care for, but in your situation, you may want to talk to your doctor if you're really suffering.
mama.oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
chillimom
Registered Users

oh you poor mama! I was feeling that way up until a couple days ago. My midwife started me on diclectin - it's made just for pregnant mamas and TOTALLY SAFE. It's basically B6 + an antihistamine (not just any antihistamine, a specific safe one). It's made a world of difference. I still get nauseous and am a bit funny about food but can function again.

Seriously, I'd talk to your doctor or midwife about getting a prescription. I work full time and have a 2 year old, and there's no way I could function being sick like that
chillimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
franmoor
Banned

The only thing that helped me get rid of my puking habits when I was pregnant was chocolate. I don't know if it'll work for you if you want to try it. Just eat a certain amount if you do. Ask your doctor too, maybe she knows any effective advice to control it and hopefully you'll get better soon.
franmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
UNISOM! Seriously! Take 1/2 a regular unisom tablet. Not the gel caps and not the extra strength, they have the wrong ingredient. Regular unisom. It will make you sleepy for a couple of weeks until you get used to it.

If you look it up, you will see that it was originally made as an anti nausea medicine. Also, in Canada it is regularly prescribed to pregnant patients as Diclectin, which is just unisom and b6.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Call your DR! Your not helping yourself or your little one that you have to care for by hanging over the toilet all day. There are medications that can help. Zofran has been a wonder drug for me. Also plain unisom plus b6. And if you are having a sour stomach as part of the MS papaya enzymes are excellent. Hope you can find relief soon!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Unison w/ the active ingredient doxylamine succinate plus b6 worked wonders for me.