Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Morning sickness - please help i'm desperate

i feel for you. my nausea is gone but most foods still make me nauseated after i eat. for the unrelenting all day nausea i took zofran. it took a few days to build up in my system but then it work like a dream! if you find that there is a certain food that settles your stomach don't try to fight it just give in and eat it. i went through that as well with chicken soft tacos from taco bell. that only lasted a short bit though, thank goodness. i hope you start feel better soon.

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #12
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This won't be popular but I have a friend in Cali who had all day morning sickness all 9 months and the only thing that would allow her to eat at all and get nutrients into her body was marijuana. She tried every prescription out there but nothing works. Definitely try the other options first but it's a last resort. The way I look at it if its a matter of nourishing your baby it's worth it.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow. Really really hope that was Prescribed to her. If not, that's the most horrid thing I have ever heard.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #14
neropia
Registered Users

My Mood:
I was hospitalized with hyperemesis 3x during pregnancy, be sure you aren't at that point. If you can't even hold down water for long goto the dr! Get some fluids, intravenous zofran and a zofran presc. I had to eat when first waking, every three hours and never let myself get hungry or I couldn't stop throwing up. Good luck, take care if yourself mama!
neropia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #15
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had that issue with this baby. I tried preggy pops (temporary) and lots of rest. Ironically, keeping on the move helped me, as well as taking B vitamins and eating foods rich in B vitamins. The last thing I wanted to do was eat or swallow pills, but it did help me. I'm 26 weeks and I still deal with it off and on, but it's not as bad as it was.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #16
brookglen
Registered Users

I had it bad this time around. Zofran and a bravo Bella band prescribed by my doc. It seriously worked for me.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #17
jessiak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had THE worst morning sickness, just like you. I had to get off work, because I literally could NOT function throughout the day. My doctor ended up prescribing me diclectin, which helped SO much. I threw up maybe 5 times total during the remainder of my pregnancy after the diclectin, as opposed to 5x a day before. None of the traditional things helped either... ginger, eating before you get up, eating small meals all day. I feel for you mama =(
Old 09-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #18
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Wow. Really really hope that was Prescribed to her. If not, that's the most horrid thing I have ever heard.
Why is that more horrid than preggo moms given other multiple medications. Babies who are born and have to go through detox because their mothers were prescribed pain meds the whole pregnancy. You should research a bit more before making a comment like that. There is a reason its beginning to be prescribed more and more. It's an herb just like any herb that has medicinal benefits.
Not trying to offend. It just irritates me that people can be pro medication and self medicate but ignore all the studies that does show marijuana as a beneficial medicine with little to no negative side effects. I know you said "I hope she had a prescription". The latter comment I thought was a bit extreme.
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #19
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycass View Post
Why is that more horrid than preggo moms given other multiple medications. Babies who are born and have to go through detox because their mothers were prescribed pain meds the whole pregnancy. You should research a bit more before making a comment like that. There is a reason its beginning to be prescribed more and more. It's an herb just like any herb that has medicinal benefits.
Not trying to offend. It just irritates me that people can be pro medication and self medicate but ignore all the studies that does show marijuana as a beneficial medicine with little to no negative side effects. I know you said "I hope she had a prescription". The latter comment I thought was a bit extreme.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Horrid seems a bit extreme. I would describe cocaine or heroine...even excessive smoking or drinking as horrid, but not marijuana. If you can find any legitimate (not funded by people who would lose money if health benefits are found) study showing negative health aspects of marijuana I'd love to see it.