Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Crib sleeping

Is it really a big deal that A still sleeps in a crib (turns 3 end of Oct)? My (older) neighbor chewed me out yesterday saying I was "trying to keep him a baby" and "not letting him grow up". He loves his crib and doesn't climb out (he can just doesn't) and it's WAY easier for me to have him in a bed he will stay in. I slept in a crib until 3 and until about 5 (my choice) at my grandmothers LOL

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Its fine. Thea is the same age. She slept in our bed until sunny came. Then she moved onto a mattress on the floor next to our bed. Then she started to wander. (she has autism). So we put her in a crib in our room. She sleeps 13 hours a night, never wakes and we all sleep great.

Its just a bed with sides. You can keep him a baby by sleeping in a crib.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Have you asked A what he thinks? If he's happy in the crib, leave him, if not, move him. He's probably got his own opinion. Your neighbor has no idea what is best for your family- you and your family do! If your kids are happy and healthy, your doing a great job as a mom, regardless of what other meanies think.
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Gothmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think it's totally fine, and totally none of her business. I'm planning on switching DD to her toddler bed in a few weeks, but DS loved his crib, and slept in his toddler bed 'til he was almost 6. It's up to you & your kiddo.

This message won't self destruct in 30 seconds.
Gothmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crib sleeping

Your neighbor is a busybody. If your kiddo is happy in the crib there's nothing wrong with it.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
Your neighbor is a busybody. If your kiddo is happy in the crib there's nothing wrong with it.
This. Even though we never used a crib in the traditional sense, I see no reason unless he's physically too large for the crib-which I highly doubt!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #7
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyZ of 2 View Post
Have you asked A what he thinks? If he's happy in the crib, leave him, if not, move him. He's probably got his own opinion. Your neighbor has no idea what is best for your family- you and your family do! If your kids are happy and healthy, your doing a great job as a mom, regardless of what other meanies think.
He loves his crib, we have shown him the picture of the toddler bed it converts to and asked if he wanted us to make his crib into that and he says "No"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
This. Even though we never used a crib in the traditional sense, I see no reason unless he's physically too large for the crib-which I highly doubt!
Yeah he is a tiny little thing, he could probably sleep in it until 5 if he wanted.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I think if he's happy and not climbing out it's a non-issue.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter stayed in her crib until she was over 3. I think it is better to stay in a crib until around 3.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just bought a side rail for the mattress today for M.... and i bring it inside and DH goes "um do you really want to mess with him sleeping 13hrs straight by taking down the rails?!" So i thought about it for a second and decided it can wait for a bit still.

Honestly - i always had a baby to "fill" the crib so the older boys got "bumped" by default. I see nothing wrong with it. M likes it, and the ONLY reason i am going to convert his crib is because DH and I are going out of town for a weekend trip without kiddos and M will be sleeping in a bed at my sisters (he wont sleep in a port a crib - tried that at grandmas!) and i want him to be "used" to it when that happens and not just overly traumatize the kiddo.

Tell your neighbor to MYOB!