Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Crib sleeping

I don't get why people care where other people sleep? If the arrangement works fr your family and it's safe tell her to shove did it come up anyway?

Jul, This used to be a great place
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
Registered Users
Who cares what age your child is?! Lol.

Mine have almost never slept in cribs! They co sleep with me or co sleep together! LOL. I can only imagine what some people would have to say about that.
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

If kiddo is safe and not trying to climb out--more power to you! My kiddos all got dangerous by age 2. I am dreading moving DD2 to the toddler bed. We set it up in her room this weekend so she can get used to it there, but I loathe the transition.
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

There is nothing wrong with it. If it works for you and your LO who cares what anyone else thinks
MamaToACDPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #15
My Mood:
If he wanted out, he'd get out. Does she advise people on their marital sleeping arrangements, too? Jeez, people need to mind their own business.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 09-06-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

This Leslie is in the same boat as you, Leslie, and I think our boys are the same age. Levi loves his crib and sleeps like an angel in there. We recently set up his new big boy twin bed in his room which he loves to sit on, wrestle on, snuggle and read on. But when its time for bed, he just wants his "cib". One day he'll be ready and choose the big bed but until then, he's rocking the crib he knows and loves and rocking the 11 hours at night and 3 hour nap too. I think your LO and mine are fine in cribs if they are safe and prefer it. Why not?
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
My Mood:

Leslie, Alexander calls it his "cib" too ("I gonna sleep in my cib") And I'm with you he actually SLEEPS and after nearly 2 years of not sleeping though the night I really have no plans to rock the boat right before a new baby arrives! I have NO issue with buying a second crib ( we use a Moses basket for months anyway)
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'd keep him in until he climbs out, asks to have a bed or needs to use the bathroom during the night. Other than those things, there is really no need to be in a bed.

Mine were in toddler beds/twin beds by 18 months at the latest for climbing (and my crazy daughter at 13 months because she screamed when we even looked at the crib), but every family does what is best for them, who cares where they sleep.
Hi I'm Sara mommy to 4 little Mischief Makers
SaraElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:
Tell your nosy rude neighbor to stick it in her ear! Its recommended that they are still in the crib at 3. By four they have better sleep habits, can listen/follow rules better, ect.Dd1 moved out b/c she climbed out at 17mos but I had ever intention to let her stay as long as possible. Dd2 LOVED her crib but it was recalled when she was 2.5 and by then she was to long for the pnp so she was moved to a bed. I just hope this lo will love the crib and stay in it at 3!
House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
Registered Users

Don't stress about it. DD is 2.5, as big as a 3.5 yr old & is pretty content in the crib. She has plenty of room, sleeps soundly, etc. She's never climbed out. We tried taking the side off it (to make the daybed) at around 2, but she wouldn't stay in bed & wanted the side back on, so we did. She's PTing now & very invested in being a "big girl", so Tuesday she looked at DP from inside the crib & said, "You need to get this thing off here," shaking the side. We'll pilot that this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if we put the side back on again, either.
Carrie. Wifey to F, Mama to Baby Bear, Nugget, and Teeny.
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote