Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
.:fearless:.
Registered Users

My Mood:
Easier for family?

It's not often that my baby is left with a family member...however, when he is sometimes I get snide complaints about using a CD. Are there any suggestions to make this easier for my family members?
Using pockets...it's all ready to go for them.

Advertisement

.:fearless:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Just a smile and something that validates their comment, like "Yeah I was skeptical at first too and now I'm so happy we do cloth, thanks for supporting..." Or yeah its easier to just throw it away, I just am glad LO stays drier/cooler/healthier...
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Re: Easier for family?

Velcro closure, and inserts that don't need to be pulled out.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Biodegradable flushable liners might be helpful (in case of poo). I think it would be even more ridiculous to change your diaper routine (like use sposies) just because it's "easier" for them. The only difference is they throw the dipes in a pail rather than a trash can.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #5
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm the type of person that if they want to be snide about it, I'll go oldschool on 'em and get my flats. Unfolded. And pins. If you're going to disrespect my parenting decisions then you can hit the highway. If you disagree with them, fine, but talk to me like an adult and not a butthurt teenager.

If for some reason I was inclined to finesse the situation, I'd probably just smile and ignore it. You've got the right idea already with leaving them with pockets. It's easy. They're cute. And if necessary, you can unstuff them yourself when you get home. They have nothing to gripe about.

You might get them more enthusiastic if you can take them to a local CD store and give them an upfront overload of fluffy cuteness.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:44 AM   #6
Angel89411
Banned

I put out the travel wet bag in addition to the regular one and tell them any poopy diapers can go in there, just zip it up and I will deal with it when I get home. I have Velcro pre-fitteds they can use under a wool cover. It is no different than a regular sposie and pants.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
dren09
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My one sister has said that if she watches my daughter then she will go buy sposies. While that thought doesn't thrill me, if she wants to spend her money, then so be it. Needless to say, my daughter is almost 9 months and we've never asker her to babysit.
My mom and MIL were definitely skeptical (especially my mom and she CD'd us kids) but they are willing to try. We use pockets so I try to include aplix closure to make it even easier. Plus they are told to just throw the whole diaper, inserts and all into the wet bag and we'll take care of it all later. Sure we've had some of the snap closure diapers snapped a little funky but all in all, they've managed.
dren09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

My family is never snide but to be honest I am not so about "they have to be in cloth all the time". I often keep sposies for when they go to grandparents. They will do cloth but prefer sposies so I give them both . Sometimes they come home in cloth and sometimes not. I am completely good with it.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
Just a smile and something that validates their comment, like "Yeah I was skeptical at first too and now I'm so happy we do cloth, thanks for supporting..." Or yeah its easier to just throw it away, I just am glad LO stays drier/cooler/healthier...
Prefect response! I'll have to remember that.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
chandlrb
Registered Users
seller

I always supplied disposable wipes and urged them to just wrap the poo up in the diaper in the wet bag and I would take care of it when I got home! I think it helped. Eventually, my mom started handling the poo herself.
chandlrb is offline   Reply With Quote