Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the suggestions! I will check out old navy first and also look into the other options. I think skinny jeans would be perfect for her. The adjustable waists we've tried end up slipping and leave marks because they end up too tight where they fall to. Does that make sense? I would think that skinny jeans wouldn't slip as much because they are smaller everywhere else too.

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #12
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What pants or really skinny kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimdel View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! I will check out old navy first and also look into the other options. I think skinny jeans would be perfect for her. The adjustable waists we've tried end up slipping and leave marks because they end up too tight where they fall to. Does that make sense? I would think that skinny jeans wouldn't slip as much because they are smaller everywhere else too.
What else is awesome about old navy jeans is that you can get them cheap! They have them on sale for $10 a lot and you can usually get some kind of coupon or discount code on top of that. And they hold up well.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten

What else is awesome about old navy jeans is that you can get them cheap! They have them on sale for $10 a lot and you can usually get some kind of coupon or discount code on top of that. And they hold up well.
Yes!! I loaded him up back in August when they had the $10 jean sale! Should last him the winter.

OP: Old Navy does have skinny jeans in the adjustable waist!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Crazy 8 has some awesome slim jeans!! DS can still pull his 4Ts on and off without unbuttoning, yet they are half way up his calf!! The 5 slims fit him PERFECTLY
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #15
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Walmart. DD is the same weight as your at 5. She can wear both 4 slims and 5 slims. They happen to be the only store that has slims in store in my area. JC Penny does sometimes- they are a little bigger, but still fit. Walmart's slims are nice, trim and have adjustable waist. First time EVER dd has worn pants in her age size. She has always been 2 sizes or more smaller. She still has 2T shorts.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #16
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4
Walmart. DD is the same weight as your at 5. She can wear both 4 slims and 5 slims. They happen to be the only store that has slims in store in my area. JC Penny does sometimes- they are a little bigger, but still fit. Walmart's slims are nice, trim and have adjustable waist. First time EVER dd has worn pants in her age size. She has always been 2 sizes or more smaller. She still has 2T shorts.
Our Walmarts haven't carried adjustable waist jeans in over 4 years now. That is where I originally used to get mine.

7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #17
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only adjustable waist pants that comfortably fit my very skinny DS are the GAP ones, which stinks because they are usually pretty pricey. Old Navy is the same company, but for some reason their version just don't fit as well. We stalk GAP to find them in the sale section and then use coupons to usually get them for around $12 which is pretty good. We also use a Dapper Snapper belt that snugs the pants even smaller without digging into his waist like a normal belt sometimes does (happens when the belt rides up over the pant's fabric because I have to tighten it so much), plus it's more convenient for little bladders. We've always had a struggle finding a good balance between the length of the pants and the fit of the waist. DS is very tall, around 47 inches at 4 yrs 10 mths, but he only weighs about 38 pounds.
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #18
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
Our Walmarts haven't carried adjustable waist jeans in over 4 years now. That is where I originally used to get mine.

Hope ours doesn't stop. It is the only place locally that has them, everywhere else they have to be ordered online. Since she is so skinny I am hesitant to order something she can't try on.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
Really? Our walmart has the adjustable waist slims, and I still can't get them to fit on my kiddos. I bought a pair one time in a jean emergency, and wish I hadn't! I compared them to old navys...and the slims I got at walmart have the same waist as old navy's regular (not slim) jeans. Probably just as well though, because our walmart jeans are higher than I can get the old navy jeans anyway.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #20
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
Crazy 8 has some awesome slim jeans!! DS can still pull his 4Ts on and off without unbuttoning, yet they are half way up his calf!! The 5 slims fit him PERFECTLY
Us too! DS is wearing 5 slim 'Rockers' this very moment and only has the waist taken in the tiniest bit, probably could get away without it at all, and that never happens!
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote