Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #21
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Re: How long did you babywear for?

I wore both my kiddos all the time until they were about 2 years old. At that age they became a little more independent and preferred to walk. Wearing went from everyday to a couple times a week. I still wear DD if I want to keep her contained, sometimes she's a runner and doesn't want to hold my hand. I can still wrap my 4 yr old DS, but haven't had an occasion to do so in a couple months. Toddler/preschooler wearing is soo sweet.

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

i still wear my almost 3yr old, 30lb ds fairly often. and i see us doing that for awhile. it depends on his mood, he doesn't always want to be worn. he's sort of gone through cycles; i wore him all the time the first year or so, then he went through a period where he wanted the stroller all the time, then around 18 months he changed his mind and went back to being worn, and now just in the last month or so, he's decided he mostly prefers the stroller. whatever. i prefer the carrier, but with my 3 month old dd that i'm wearing most of the time now, sometimes it's easier to have him in the stroller. i love that he still wants to snuggle in the carrier with me sometimes though
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #23
Addisynsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My daughter is 28 months and I still wear her and don't plan on stopping anytime soon (:
Addisynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #24
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD rode last spring at 5 in my Oh Snap. . I wear DS on a regular basis and he is 3.5.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #25
Leocaligirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I carried DD until she was 20 months old. DS is 13 months now and I hope to carry him closer to his 2nd B-Day.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #26
meagank24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dh usually carries dd1 28 months and sometimes in a beco but today she was tired so I used my didy and she loved it but at 26lbs she is getting heavy
Dd2 is 14 months old and 14 lbs and I carry her mostly in an ergo, hoppediz or didy but sometimes in the sling
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #27
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My "baby" will be 3 on Tuesday and still gets worn regularly. She even asks to be "tied up" and will bring me a carrier. My 5 year old son (not yet 40lbs) will even ask to be tied on as well. I think as long as they want to be worn, let them be! It's good for both of you.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I still occasionally wear my 3 year old. My 5 year old still asks but its getting hard to wrap her up, especially since I am now wearing a squish all the time. I do have to say that when I am trying a new carry or wrap out, its handy to have a big kid that knows what to do!
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote