Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
dani_p
Registered Users

Turned and topstitched wool wraps?

Okay, so I use wool full time and LOVE it. I use a Disana soaker at night and Loveybums covers during the day. Unfortunately, now that my baby girl is mobile, the serging on the edge Loveybums rubs her poor little thighs RAW. They even started bleeding in spots! Of course, just when I thought I had found our perfect diapering solution, this happens.

I would like to continue to use wool full time because her skin is very sensitive to synthetic fibers. I know that there are quite a few wool wraps out there that are turned and topstiched, but I can't seem to find any that I like (it seems I'm picky!) So, here's what I'm looking for in a wool cover:

-wrap style with snap closure
-solid colors other than white/natural (I don't typically put pants over the diapers and don't like it when EVERY little bit of dirt shows)
-turned & topstiched
-jersey or interlock (I LOVE the Loveybums lightweight jersey that they're not making anymore)

It seems that Stacinator covers fit the bill, but they're impossible to find! I have my feelers on a few on the FSOT. We'll see how that goes... fingers crossed!

So, to my question... any other covers out there that fit my criteria? Or am I just unreasonably picky?

Advertisement

dani_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
dani_p
Registered Users

Re: Turned and topstitched wool wraps?

Also, I have some sewing skills, if there are no diapers on the market, I am considering making my own. What patterns would you ladies recommend for a wool wrap?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

there are some large stacinator on fsot right now for a great price.....
Old 09-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

what size do you need?
here is one option:http://babeegreens.com/index.php?pag...emart&Itemid=2

I tried making some from jersey and I just used a diaper pattern than I modified. I can't remember the pattern and I didn't get the leg elastic tight enough. I'm planning to try again and get it right. I'm sure you could make some yourself.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
dani_p
Registered Users

Thanks mamas! I found some Stacinators on FSOT... Hopefully those work out. I may still try to make some of my own. I just can't seem to find *exactly* what I want ykwim?

The BabeeGreens covers look great, but $35 for up-cycled wool seems a bit steep... Plus, I don't really like buying things sight unseen. Like I said before, I'm picky
Expecting number two (04/14)!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
momof3boysNC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Check out MamaBearBabyWear on Etsy, she may have what you're looking for.

I own one of her wool wraps, and I have also tried her pul covers, she does very good stitch work.
Due with monkey #6 in August
Etsy Shop
DS WAHM Page
momof3boysNC is offline   Reply With Quote