Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
loveReese2pieces
Registered Users
seller

ever hated a diaper on one kid but loved on another?

I'm struggling with whether or not to keep my BG 4.0s because I hate them on my DD but am about to have a little boy and am scared that I will like them on him? DD is tall and skinny so I currently adore Peachy Green and Softbums on her. So that is my question- ever had a diaper that you hated on one of your kids but loved on the other? Or do you find that maybe a certain type of diaper gives you the fit/absorbency you like no matter the kid? I LOVE the trimness and absorbency of the peachy green and am dying to buy more of them but am afraid I won't like the AI2 when we start solids with the baby- seems like the pockets would be easier at that stage? Ugh...I don't want to wind up re-buying diapers but I could care less about them right now. I really don't mind the aplix version as much and have about 10 of those but the snaps I really dislike and have a fair number of those too. So I hate having money tied up in someting I'm not using but then theres the baby!!! Help me think through this!

Advertisement

loveReese2pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: ever hated a diaper on one kid but loved on another?

I never liked pockets for DD, and I don't care for them with DS, that's more of a style than a particular brand.... that being said I tried Flips on my daughter and was thoroughly unimpressed by them, with DS I did try some BG pockets at night for a bit and I really didn't like how broad they were in the crotch. So, for both of them I just don't love BG.

With DD I used a lot of GroVia AIOs when they came out (well, I had a few I used a lot) and so got a huge stash of them for DS, and I just never use them on him, I use the AI2 with the stay dry soaker because it is so much more convenient to have the stay dry already built in rather than dealing with a liner. I also don't mind that they AI2 is slightly bulkier because I don't ever have to worry about leggins or skinny jeans fitting over them, DD had a hard time with cloth and clothing, with DS that seems to be a non-issue simply because the boy clothes are cut differently.
If you don't love the snaps, get rid of them!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

I loved old style G's on my son, so I stocked up when I was pg for my daughter only to find out I hated them on her!
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nope. All my kids were a similar build (all skinny) so if it didn't fit one, it didn't fit the others.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

no though many of the diapers I used on my first weren't around for my second.. However they have very similar builds so they same general fit style I liked with #1 I like with #2..

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

I hated BGs on my now 4 yr old when he was little but love them on my 2 yr old and 2 month old.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I loved BG products on DD1, but they just don't fit DD2 with her enormous thighs. With DD1 I didn't like GMD pfs because they were too short and too wide, but I love them on DD2. So I'm pretty much using an entirely different stash with DD2.