Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Double grrrrrr

So after not being home for the past 3 weeks due to having to run errands right after school and volunteering during the entire day at DS's school, I FINALLY was able to make my needed phone calls.

First was to the Pain Management doc to see if they would take me as a patient for my kidney stones and being pregnant. Well the office had my number written down wrong so they did call me back but 2 weeks ago! The office manager talked to the doc and they do not take pregnant patients. Thank goodness I called my regular doc as soon as I got off the phone with them to get an appt to get a note like calleiah suggested. THANK YOU! I have an appt on Wed.

So after getting DD home, I decided to make my phone calls to OB's in the area to see if any of the OB's have ever had a kidney stone patient before. I only had to make 4 until I found one that has had patients with kidney stones. I am not too fond that it is a big practice but I need someone local that has the knowledge of stones and pregnancy and an office that is contactable at all hours of the day/night. And they are just across from the hospital. The bad? The docs will have a meeting on Tuesday (they have one every Tues) and discuss if they will take me as a transfer patient. I am hopeful but a pregnant woman riddled with stones does not make the "prefect" patient. Even though I am a great patient, just not with intervention happy OB's. And if practice doesn't work, the 1st office I called has had a previous patient with stones. And if not them, there are others here. And if not any regular OB's here, I guess high-risk it is. GRRRRRR

ME: Dagny 34. Married 7/16/04 to: DH: 36. US Navy Corpsman. DS: Quinn 15. Future Mad Scientist DD: Kayla 8. Future Pink Mermaid Ballerina Princess
DS2: Colin 14 monhs. Walking toddler!
Feed your children human milk as long as possible, it might save their life. It did my son's.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Double grrrrrr

oh geeze, i had no idea it would be that hard to find someone...hope you click!
Rachael...wife to Mike 10/22/05, furmom to Swiffer 12/31/05,
and SAHM to Loralei 12/12/07 & Michael HB 10/4/10
Kathleen HB 3/2/13

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
Registered Users

Yuck, mama! Hope you figure everything out soon!
Alisha. Mommy to Sophie Born 3/29/2011 and Brielle Born 1/25/2013
lisha622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Registered Users

Im glad the protocol idea is panning out for you. I thought of it because of friends who have chronically ill kiddos that frequently need er treatment got tired of the hit or miss care they were getting. A protocol makes it simple and explains everything.

Hope you are able to figure out the doc situation!
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote