Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #11
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel89411
I put out the travel wet bag in addition to the regular one and tell them any poopy diapers can go in there, just zip it up and I will deal with it when I get home.
This is what I do too. But I leave pre stuffed, aplix BG 4.0s. So far, so good. I don't give instructions on unstuffing either. I just deal with that when I do laundry next.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #12
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My mom won't even use aplix Bottombumpers anymore, she says my big 15-month-old fights too much and she is too old and creaky. She buys Nature Babycare pullups and I get a big guilt trip (and notice poop remnants on her privates) if she *gasp* poops in grandma's care. She babysits a couple hours a week and I try to put her in a big diaper beforehand because I know grandma will try to avoid changing her at all, if possible.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aplix and as few steps as possible. My family differs so much on the few occasions they've watched DD.

My dad and step mom have only watched her twice, mainly because of the diaper complaints. My step mom refuses to use them and bought sposies. My dad watched her alone the second time and used some of their sons old swim diapers because he said he got confused (brother is only a year older than my DD, there's 32 years between my oldest & youngest brother). I only had a few aplix AIO's at the time so I was trying to explain the snap diapers, and we were going to still be gone at bedtime so I was trying to explain the night diaper. They said anything that needs that much explanation is too complicated so we just put her in the night diaper when we picked her up.

Now my MIL is fantastic about it. She's never complained to me about them and uses whatever I leave her. The last time was during the Flats & Hand Wash Challenge so I left her some flats padfolded in covers and she did just fine. I didn't expect her to figure out a Snappi or pins lol.

We're now using all flats, prefolds, and closureless WH fitteds. DH will use a Snappi with prefolds or flats if I already have them folded, but I plan on sewing aplix on 6 of my fitteds for grandparents. I figure putting on a sized aplix fitted and wool pants over it isn't really any different than putting on a sposie and pants over it, right? That's going to be my argument anyway

I bring a large wet bag for dirties and I sort through and take care of it when I get home. I don't bother with a separate smaller one for poop diapers anymore because the GPs always roll and fasten the dirty diaper like you would a sposie so I have to go through and undo them anyway to make sure they'll come undone in the wash.

ETA: I see that you're using pockets. I don't think it's a problem. I personally wouldn't ask them to unstuff them or anything. If you have all snaps, maybe consider some aplix ones for care givers.

Last edited by FriedaT; 09-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.
FriedaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Easier for family?

If you have velcro ones, I would just set those out for them to use... if it is all stuffed, it is really no different than a disposable.

I'm pretty non-confrontation, though, so I'd probably just ignore the comments, or just say this was what we decided and leave it at that
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=Angel89411;15644872]I put out the travel wet bag in addition to the regular one and tell them any poopy diapers can go in there, just zip it up and I will deal with it when I get home.[QUOTE]

I have never thought of doing this - brilliant! I will use this
I dunk and swish, and would not expect a babysitter to do so (MIL does, though). DH just tosses any poopy (fleece) liners.

I think prestuffed pockets are fine. I just make sure to leave the cutest fluff possible. If you can't deal with CD's then you can't play with DD :0
Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
Diaper Safari
Registered Users

My in-laws refused to use cloth on my boys at their house. I just kept bringing it over, all ready to go, and those were the diapers that I provided. If they wanted to use disposables, they needed to purchase them.

I put everything in a big Planet Wise hanging wet/dry bag and told them to not worry about poop, just put it in the bag and I'll deal with it at home. I always brought wipes in a wipe pouch and CD-friendly ointment, too.

After over three years (!!) my in-laws have stopped buying disposables and will now use the cloth that I bring over. I did transition from AI2s and prefolds/covers to fully AIOs and pockets, so that helps as well.

Diaper Safari is offline   Reply With Quote