Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #21
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Coming to grips with never having a daughter:(

We have 3 boys and are TTC our 4th and last baby. Odds are high it will be another boy, and I'm going into it prepared for that. DH has all brothers, his dad has a sister, but his dad has all brothers.

We will be using Shettles as well as the Chinese calendar (it has been right for all 3 boys) to try for a girl, but we are both ready for all boys.

It's hard. DS2 was the hardest. I actually excused myself during the ultrasound and cried in the bathroom for several minutes.

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #22
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh mama!!

I'm sorry you are disappointed. I probably would be too....

If I were you, I'd just keep having babies until I got a girl
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #23
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i never longed for a girl until i got PG with #3 (supposedly my last baby) and realized i would be devastated if it was another boy.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can totally understand your feelings Mama....I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and to just talk...because we would have a lot to talk about!
I had the absolute hardest time after we found out we were having our 4th son....it was hard each time after our first son, but the 4th was by far the hardest! I was so hurt and sad and just felt not understood by anyone...even God. My DH and I are both strong believers in God's plan for our lives and so even though I struggled for awhile after we found out, I kept hoping that my heart would heal...even a little bit. I seriously thought such bad things and was so upset about the idea/reality of another boy when I already had several!
Then when my 4th little guy arrived, as often happens, I fell completely in love with him... and more as time went on and I just saw how he fit our family so well and how God really did/does have a purpose for giving him to us, in our family. We all can't imagine our family without him...he is extra sweet to me and I think it's because I seriously didn't want him for a bit there after we found out...I was so upset. And then I see that this is the way it's supposed to be and God DOES have a perfect plan for our lives...it's just not always in the way, or the time, that we think...but always it's better in the end!
I don't know if that helps you right now...but if not, I hope you will look back later and be able to relate... that little miracle inside you now is so unique and special all his own...and I so hope you will be totally blessed by his presence in your life and family.

I am also expecting another little one and we have decided that it would just be better to wait and find out when this little one arrives... we have always found out and so this is stepping out of my comfort zone...but I am thankful to say that God is bringing me to a place of peace in this area and even though I would still love a little daughter... I know whichever He has for us will be just right!
Hugs for you during the rest of your pregnancy and again, I wish you the absolute BEST Mama!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #25
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to be having my 3rd boy and most likely final baby in a few weeks. I know just how you feel. (((Hugs)))
Old 09-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #26
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just want to say me too. 2 boys that I adore, and it's hard to think about not having a daughter. Not so much now, but in 20 years I would love a mother/daughter adult relationship. We are done at 2.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #27
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, big hugs mama! I completely understand your disappointment. We just found out we are getting our girl and the tech let a "him" slip after she did the gender part for us but before we got the results at home (we didn't let her tell us then). I was devastated. Not that it would be a boy but that it WOULDN'T be a girl, kwim? We got in the car and I immediately asked my husband if we could just adopt a little girl because I would never get my daughter since I can't do another pregnancy. I cried...only to find out the tech actually either tricked us OR just used a general "him" during the ultrasound. I know that disappointment and I do think it will get better with time. Don't feel bad though; I think it is totally normal to feel that way.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #28
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira
I just want to say me too. 2 boys that I adore, and it's hard to think about not having a daughter. Not so much now, but in 20 years I would love a mother/daughter adult relationship. We are done at 2.
I feel the same, it's the adult relationship I am saddest about. I better have som great daughter in laws
Old 09-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #29
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't relate, but I have a feeling that if all of mine were boys, I'd have that same longing for a girl. Just to make you feel better... my girls are messy, busy, emotional, and it's down right hard to be a mom of girls! My son is so much easier to deal with. I'm really hoping that #4 is a boy.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #30
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

I can relate. I feel really guilty about wanting a daughter so bad. I mean ultimitely all I can really pray for is that my baby is healthy, no matter what the gender, but I just know that if I find out that this one is a boy (our third and last) then I am going to be disapponted. I feel aweful about it. I mean I love my sons and will love this baby just as much no matter if it is a boy or a girl but I want to experience having a daughter so much! I am at the very beginning of this pregnancy so I have a few months to go before i can find out but I am very nervous about it!