Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #11
gerka528
Registered Users
seller

Yes, 4-7th. Then skipped 8th and went to high school.

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #12
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Were you homeschooled?

No. I wish my parents would have been even slightly interested in my education....I would have done much better. Only now am I discovering my own learning styles and disabilities through homeschooling my child.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #13
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope. I went to PS for k-6th, then private Christian for 7th-12th. My sister was though, in highschool only. But, it was because of disabilities more than anything else. She is 7 years younger than me, so I was gone and married for pretty much all of it. My BFF was also, except for 1 year in 2nd. So, I had some exposure to it.

My husband had no exposure to HS'ing at all.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #14
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dh was public schooled, private schooled, home schooled for 2 years and then private schooled again. There was some mixing around in the middle between public and private when his mom went back and forth between working (She went back to work when he hit school age but had to have brain surgery and was off for several years so he was "allowed" to attend public school for those years). He was home schooled for a few years in the middle because he smashed both bones in his ankle playing football and required two surgeries to fix them. For several months he couldn't walk and it was easier to educate him at home. His parents enjoyed it so much they just kept doing it. He learned a great deal and he and his parents even started a small business together as a home schooling project.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #15
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes. For k. Then ps for 1st-5th. HS again for 6 th- highschool. I loved school both ways.
Dh was ps till 8 th when he just refused to go back, he hated school and had a terrible experience..his parents consented to hs after no amount of threatning could make him return..so they purchased a 4yr hs program for him to do at home.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep K-12th grade.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #17
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Yup. K-8th, some of 9th at a private Christian school, remainder of 9th-10th at home, then 11th-12th PS.
What a nightmare. I'm so torn about what to do with my LOs. I hated every minute of it because my mother is hyper-controlling and intense, even though I got a far superior education than any school in our region offers. PS around here is a joke, but don't want them to hate their mommy like I did, KWIM? Off topic... Sorry :P
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
littlemsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nope but I wanted to go to private school.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #19
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had it all! Christian school, public school, home school, and going to community college before I graduated HS. I really liked being home schooled. I hated going back into public school, because I was more advanced. I remember them starting a concept that I had learned in 2nd grade in 7th! I had a bf who went to a very strict southern baptist school and he was completely shocked when he went off to college. They did not prepare him for the real world at all!
KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #20
LAF512
Registered Users
seller

No. I loved going to school for the most part, but I have no desire to send my kids to school.