Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
L&MsMamma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yup K-12. I did take some classes in highschool through a private independent study program and we participated in several co op groups where different parents taught a group if us a subject. I loved it.

Advertisement

L&MsMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
jesajane
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Were you homeschooled?

Yes. Christian school K-6. Home school 7 and half of 8. Back to Christian school half of 8 and 9. Public school 10-12. I was determined not to home school my kids, I was so mad at my parents for doing that. But, here I am homeschooling my daughter. My son is in PS though. Not sure what I'll do with my twins when they are old enough.
jesajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #23
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

No, I wasn't. My Dad wanted my Mom to homeschool us because his school experience was awful, but she wouldn't. She didn't think she could do a good job or that she had the patience for it. DH wasn't homeschooled either--our kids are the first ones to be homeschooled on either side of the family.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #24
R055ANA
Registered Users

No, I don;t think I even knew about the option to be homeschooled until I was in high school. My parents never would have been able to homeschool us.
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
No.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
NevadaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: danandsassy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post
Nope. I loved school and our district was pretty good when I went, but I wouldn't even send my kids where I went to school now.
This is me too. DH went to a large public school in a bad neighborhood and was "pushed through" - it definitely shows, especially when it comes to math. He is a voracious reader though and always says that he has learned more from reading in his 20s and 30s than he ever learned in school as a kid. His cousins who lived in the same school district were homeschooled - they are all very intelligent adults who went on to college.

I wouldn't send my dog to school in the district we live in now Who knows where we'll be in a couple years, but we will most likely be homeschooling our kids just the same.
NevadaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #27
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Yep, k-12. I did go to drivers ed, and a math co-op in high school. And community college after I graduated.
And I'm really loving being a second gen homeschool mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons
No I suffered all through high school and college.
rofl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLmommy
Yes. Didn't go to school ever until community college. Which I started at the age of 16. I'm not a geek, I promise.
Love it!

Chelsea mom of 4, from my phone
Old 09-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #28
babydogs3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was homeschooled for 11 and 12th grade. I hated school so much it was either be homeschooled or I was going to drop out. Then I went to college and got a B.S.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #29
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

2nd-12th :-) DH was PSed and his parents are both PS teachers. Was interesting to see he he came around, and is still coming around to HS
Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #30
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, but I sure wish I had been for grades K-8! My mom also realizes now that I would have loved to be homeschooled since I did not care for school much at all (boring among other things). I loved high school and college though and went on to become a teacher. Now I'm hsing my own kids.

My parents and I never even knew that homeschooling existed until I was in high school and my brother and I joined a folk dance group that had some homeschooled students in it. We thought it was completely bizarre that those kids didn't go to school. What a crazy thing!! (and the kids had a mom who was always wearing her baby in what I thought looked like a sheet draped over her shoulder--weird!) Of course, here I am now a sling-wearing, homeschooling mama!
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote