Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
gah! what does a girl have to do to get a BFP!

I know I am pregnant. I have literally had every possible symptom and have had MS for 4 days now. I am still bf'ing and of PP AF yet so I don't know when I ovulated. It was probably around the 5th/6th b/c I stopped my b/c around then for a break and there were probably some sperm laying in wait ready to pounce . I keep getting negative tests!! what is the average DPO tests have to be taken to get a positive. I always bee threads about early BFP's but what is just the norm? (just b/c this is all I can think about and what better than to obsess on DS over it?).

Advertisement

And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
I know I am pregnant. I have literally had every possible symptom and have had MS for 4 days now. I am still bf'ing and of PP AF yet so I don't know when I ovulated. It was probably around the 5th/6th b/c I stopped my b/c around then for a break and there were probably some sperm laying in wait ready to pounce . I keep getting negative tests!! what is the average DPO tests have to be taken to get a positive. I always bee threads about early BFP's but what is just the norm? (just b/c this is all I can think about and what better than to obsess on DS over it?).
If you ovulated/implanted late, it could take longer to get a bfp. But, if you are having pretty there symptoms, then I woyld think you would have enough hormone in you to detect a bfp. I would get a blood test. That would for sure be positive by now. Also, what tests are you using? It might not be sensitive. Best of luck
Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Re: gah! what does a girl have to do to get a BFP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething View Post
I am in the same boat as you, except I haven't had any symptoms which leads me to believe I am not pregnant. I have 15 mo son, am bf'ing 2x daily and have had no pp AF yet but I did have my first very clear +ve OPK test last Tuesday, fertile CM on Wed. and Thurs. and pain in sides on Wed.. The only possible symptoms I have are dull pains in sides on and off. I would love to conceive but I will probably need a few cycles first I'm thinking.
*TinyJoys* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy1010 View Post
If you ovulated/implanted late, it could take longer to get a bfp. But, if you are having pretty there symptoms, then I woyld think you would have enough hormone in you to detect a bfp. I would get a blood test. That would for sure be positive by now. Also, what tests are you using? It might not be sensitive. Best of luck
I'm using the HCG one step cheapies from amazon. I'm thinking they might just take a while. I'm gonna get a couple more sensitive ones before I get a blood test.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are having symptoms caused by pregnancy, you would have a positive test. I had symptoms like that on and off the whole 13 months I waited for ppaf, I would be in the same boat as you, like "yep, know I'm preggo" but I never was. I am going to be really sad if I have to deal with m/s like feelings periodically for the rest of my life.
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
Should be able to pick up a BFP by 9 to 10 DPO. At two weeks out, even a sensitive test should be picking it up by now. I'd get a digital.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll have to do that. The absolute latest I could have ovulated and gotten pregnant would be the 8th or 9th but that's pretty unlikely. today I'm not feeling sick but we had a bit of a crisis this morning that caused a bit of an adrenalin rush so that might have had something to do with it. I'm going to wait a couple days and try not to worry about it.= and see how I'm feeling.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So, it's been a couple days... Do you have a test to take? I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took a digital today...BFN. I'm just going to take it at face value and have a glass of wine . The symptoms are still around but I'm thinking it has something to do with coming off birth control.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Darn, there is always next month. Even though the wait sucks.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote