Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Best method for natural childbirth

I used the Bradley method for my last labor and it was successful but I wasn't crazy about the method. The whole idea in the book I read was relaxing and allowing your body to do the work but until I was in transition if I would lay down I wouldn't progress. Anyway, it worked but I'm wondering what other methods are out there that people recommend.

Any links to info are appreciated!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best method for natural childbirth

Hypnobirth is a great method. I'm reading up on it now. I also Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, which talks a lot about mentally preparing yourself and thinking positively to help progress. The Bradley Method is another book I just finished. I think having all 3 methods readily available and in my mind during this labor will help me.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didn't really use a method. Just the normal breathe through contractions and changing positions, and a birth pool.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli
Hypnobirth is a great method. I'm reading up on it now. I also Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, which talks a lot about mentally preparing yourself and thinking positively to help progress. The Bradley Method is another book I just finished. I think having all 3 methods readily available and in my mind during this labor will help me.
This I what I did. I had as many books on natural birth as possible and read them all. My midwives do a hypnobirthing class so we did that but when the day came it was more of my general mindset and knowledge of natural birth that got me through it.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was in the hospital, labored on a tub. And repeated My own mantra, open up and let the baby come Down. I repeated it in my head over and over every contractio for a good. 3 hrs. I stayed relaxed, breathed, hummed ect. I did it 3 time and KNOW I can do it again , but dreading the pain again!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did the Bradley Method, but read up on Ina Mae's books and just sort of did what felt right. I never laid down as suggested in the Bradley Method, but the breathing and relaxation techniques helped tremendously. A birthing pool was also an excellent resource for me.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Scream and pray?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i didnt really use a method. i did read this book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/1558320385 basically i kept busy in beginning, walking at the store, cleaning the house etc then sat on a birth ball when it started to get very painful. i spent the last hour in the birth tub where i delivered. i made out with DH between contractions because i heard that will help with pain lol when i would have a contraction i found breathing and moaning helped quite a bit
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #9
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Hypnobabies was great. Nice having an essentially pain free labor
Old 09-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that Ina May's Guide to childbirth was most helpful for me. I didn't use any particular method, but just told myself that it was going to be awesome and had a really positive mindset. It helps for me that I have fast labors anyway. If you have longer labors I think that a doula can be really helpful to remind you of things to try when you're in the midst of labor and it's harder to remember what you've read.