Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I need some "STAY PUT, BABY" vibes!!!

Yesterday I had my 36 week appointment (36w, 2d) and was found to be 3cm and 80% effaced. This will be my 5th delivery, and my labors have all gotten shorter and shorter. Baby #4's labor was 1hr and 45min from start to finish, so I know that this baby will probably be pretty quick, too.

Anyway, the parents of the baby live in China and are not due to arrive until September 23rd. I did talk to them, and they are trying to rearrange their plans to come a little sooner. I just really, really want them here for the delivery. They've waited so long to meet this baby, and I don't want them to miss a moment.

I know (from experience!) that you can walk around 3cm for weeks without going into labor, so that part doesn't worry me - but being 80% effaced does. I know that once you're thinned out, you dilated fairly quickly, correct?

Advertisement

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
ducky5306
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need some "STAY PUT, BABY" vibes!!!

sending you some good baby stay vibes mama! *hugs*
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

I was the same way with my youngest. I went for the 36 week appointment and I was like 3 and like 60 or 70 thinned out. I didn't want to have her early (I love being pregnant!) so I just took it REALLY easy and she stayed put until 39 weeks 6 days. I would say at 80% you need to take it really really easy as to try and keep it from progressing even more quickly. Good luck!

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

((HUGS)) take it easy as much as you can.

I have been walking around between 1-2 cm and 50% or more effaced since 35 weeks and this past week have not taken it easy at all and still no baby.

Both my previous ones were early (36 and 37 weeks) and fast DS2--20 min.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yikes. I waked around like that for a week...but you still have 3 weeks before they get here? That seems...really close! I hope they can be here but babies are so unpredictable...my mom lives 2 hours away and missed my first child's birth. I was at a doula birth this weekend and the mom left to take care of a few things after her daughter had been in labor for 10 hours and she missed the birth also! (of course the doctors were all "you'll be in labor 5 more hours at least, blah blah"). I guess I'm saying not to worry about it too much, because it's not within your control.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stay put, Baby!!

With my last pregnancy (twins), I was 3cms and very thin (don't know how thin) at 3cms at 32wks, 4cms at 33wks and 5 at 34wks....enter hospital bedrest. I stayed at 5 for 2wks when they broke my water because I was becoming pre-e. The babies would have continue to hang on for a little longer if they hadn't broken it. I knew someone who was 5 for 4wks. It can happen! I'll say a prayer they make it here in time.