Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
dannic
Registered Users

Re: Thirsties hemp prefolds and duo wraps

what about the sized simplex? they are narrow in the crotch (to me)--def mroe so than 4.0s--and no MF. cheaper than bottombumpers, too...

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #22
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
what about the sized simplex? they are narrow in the crotch (to me)--def mroe so than 4.0s--and no MF. cheaper than bottombumpers, too...
Hmm..never tried those. Are they cotton inners? Absorbant?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
Hmm..never tried those. Are they cotton inners? Absorbant?
Peachy Green AI2s, yes, you can use them more than once. Just airdry in between.

Sized simplex are just as absorbent as the OS Simplex, so yes. However, the OS Simplex I bet would be perfect for you! The crotch is very narrow, sort of like grovia AIO narrow IMO.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #24
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OP--I'm not sure how old your dd is, but mine was super skinny too, like 5th percentile for weight on a fat day. I hate to say it, but I wasn't really happy with ANYTHING until she turned about 1 year old...then the bgos finally started to look/fit better on her. She was 18 lbs. at her 1 year check up. After that I really liked bgos and bge's.

Actually, I did like pinned/snappi'd prefolds on her...except she hated being wet, and she was refluxy, so every time she peed she'd scream and vomit if I didn't get her changed in like 5 seconds. Or if I did get her changed quick enough, she would barf from being on her back. After she got older and held her pee a little longer (and didn't barf so much) then she did well in the bge's.

Sized Simplex (mediums) were really nice, but for some reason I sold them. They had a nice low rise which was good for reflux. I really cannot remember why I sold them.

I also liked Sunbaby's, but I only had a few and ended up selling them as well. They actually fit really well, but I just wasn't confident enough in their function to have a bunch of them.

If you are looking at pockets, have you looked at the Diaper Rite pockets? They have a hip snap, which I found to be really helpful on a skinny baby. I have a few for the new baby, so I haven't tried them yet, but they seem like a better quality that the Sunbaby's.

Good luck.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #25
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes

Peachy green = too $$$$$
Grovia aio....debated it but wondering if itd leave red marks since the shells do

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Well, I don't know about on a skinny baby, but they left wicked red marks on my chunker. So bad it took until the next day before they were gone. And it wasn't that I snapped them too tight. Any looser and I would have gotten EBF poo out the legs. But they do have a narrow crotch. Much more than the M Simplex I think. Though the Simplex are my favorites because of the reflux issue alaskamum mentioned.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #26
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthdayMama

Well, I don't know about on a skinny baby, but they left wicked red marks on my chunker. So bad it took until the next day before they were gone. And it wasn't that I snapped them too tight. Any looser and I would have gotten EBF poo out the legs. But they do have a narrow crotch. Much more than the M Simplex I think. Though the Simplex are my favorites because of the reflux issue alaskamum mentioned.
Thanks for this review. I may get a simplex to try

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum