Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Hypothyroidism and weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Thanks! You have been very helpful in this adventure.
Thank you! I try to help when I can. I know how hard it can be with hypothyroid. I just had a medication adjustment 2 weeks ago. My dose needed to go down. I thought for sure I would start gaining again.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #22
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

Thank you! I try to help when I can. I know how hard it can be with hypothyroid. I just had a medication adjustment 2 weeks ago. My dose needed to go down. I thought for sure I would start gaining again.
I got lucky I am still on the smallest dose. I pray when I get this weight thing under control I will be able to come off the medication all together. I know it may not happen but it's my goal.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Mine too. I guess it is common after giving birth. I had this issue after each child and then after a bit I am fine. My mom had it happen too. I am on only 25 mcg now. I was on 50 mcg before when I first started, then while PG they added 25 extra per week on that, then after birth they dropped me down to 50 mcg 6 days per week. Now it is only 25 per day. I have to have my blood drawn again in 6 weeks to see if it needs to be tweeked or not. I have a great endo.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Mine too. I guess it is common after giving birth. I had this issue after each child and then after a bit I am fine. My mom had it happen too. I am on only 25 mcg now. I was on 50 mcg before when I first started, then while PG they added 25 extra per week on that, then after birth they dropped me down to 50 mcg 6 days per week. Now it is only 25 per day. I have to have my blood drawn again in 6 weeks to see if it needs to be tweeked or not. I have a great endo.
Yeah mine is awesome too. The only thing is she said that mine couldn't have been a caused by my pregnancy. Even hough everything i read said it is rare but can happen. I have to get a recheck in 3 months.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #25
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom

Yeah mine is awesome too. The only thing is she said that mine couldn't have been a caused by my pregnancy. Even hough everything i read said it is rare but can happen. I have to get a recheck in 3 months.
What's rare?
Old 09-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

What's rare?
Rare was the wrong word. My doc said that my pregnancies could not have cause my hypothyroidism but I have no known family history.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #27
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom

Rare was the wrong word. My doc said that my pregnancies could not have cause my hypothyroidism but I have no known family history.
Ahhhh!

My mother and one sister are hypo. But I am the only one with hashimotos. Odd, right? Lol. The thyroid is a wonky wonky thing. I've been hypo for 15 years, and will be, for the rest of my life. Meds stabilize but not in a perfect way.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #28
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

Ahhhh!

My mother and one sister are hypo. But I am the only one with hashimotos. Odd, right? Lol. The thyroid is a wonky wonky thing. I've been hypo for 15 years, and will be, for the rest of my life. Meds stabilize but not in a perfect way.
I agree with the stabilize. I have days still where it's like I forgot my pill but I know I took it because I take it before my feet hit the floor in the AM.

My mom said that someone might have it on her side, but it is not something that generation would know about it. However I don't know my fathers side of the family or their history.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #29
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I have a family history of it after pregnancy. The thyroid tends to flucuate to the slow side when pregnant than speed up after. For mr it speeds up after than dies after I stop nursing. I thought I would fall over from exsaution after weaning last time.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #30
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
I have a family history of it after pregnancy. The thyroid tends to flucuate to the slow side when pregnant than speed up after. For mr it speeds up after than dies after I stop nursing. I thought I would fall over from exsaution after weaning last time.
I wish I could have BF'ed. I felt like that about 6m after I had her. When I went to the dr Miss M was 18 months and I was always so tired. This is something I was dealing with after I had Miss B. I was for years told I was depressed to the point I was screaming at every dr that even suggested it because it wasn't true.