Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #31
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Hypothyroidism and weightloss

I was told it was PPD, too until one doctor felt my throat and was like you need blood work for your thyroid right now. Sure enough it was so low. I got on meds and felt a million times better. I could literally not stay awake and had no use for anything. It was about 3-5 months after weaning that I started to get that way and by 6 months post weaning I thought I would die. I begged to get in and I am glad I did. THey wanted me to wait until 2 months. I threatened to harm myself. Not bright, but it got me in the next morning on a Saturday. I was medicated with my paxil for OCD right away and started my thyroid meds the next. Within a week I felt human again.

This time I went on Paxil right after I had the baby to stop the OCD from driving us all batty - LOL! I was already on thyroid meds with blood draws every 4 weeks all pregnancy. It has been adjusted a few time while PP. I have not felt like crap this time, which is perfect.

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #32
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I was told it was PPD, too until one doctor felt my throat and was like you need blood work for your thyroid right now. Sure enough it was so low. I got on meds and felt a million times better. I could literally not stay awake and had no use for anything. It was about 3-5 months after weaning that I started to get that way and by 6 months post weaning I thought I would die. I begged to get in and I am glad I did. THey wanted me to wait until 2 months. I threatened to harm myself. Not bright, but it got me in the next morning on a Saturday. I was medicated with my paxil for OCD right away and started my thyroid meds the next. Within a week I felt human again.

This time I went on Paxil right after I had the baby to stop the OCD from driving us all batty - LOL! I was already on thyroid meds with blood draws every 4 weeks all pregnancy. It has been adjusted a few time while PP. I have not felt like crap this time, which is perfect.
It took my mid wife to go hmmm after having a 7 day AF every other week for 2 months. Talk about making my iron not good.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #33
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I was doing that, too. I was like, who can bleed this much and live? It stopped as soon as I was medicated.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #34
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
I was doing that, too. I was like, who can bleed this much and live? It stopped as soon as I was medicated.
Yep! I was so relieved. I was praying it wasn't bad. They also found a cyst and fibroids, but that's all par for the course for me
Old 09-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #35
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Yep! I was so relieved. I was praying it wasn't bad. They also found a cyst and fibroids, but that's all par for the course for me
I have PCOS so I thought it was that causing it. I am suprised I do not have fibroids, as my mom did and her sisters. All the women on my mom's side have had historectomies. I am hoping I can avoid it.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #36
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I have PCOS so I thought it was that causing it. I am suprised I do not have fibroids, as my mom did and her sisters. All the women on my mom's side have had historectomies. I am hoping I can avoid it.
Yeah I am hoping that they stay small and not a problem.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #37
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Yeah I am hoping that they stay small and not a problem.
I hope they do for you too. My mother was in pain from hers. She had endo too, though. It caused her to be infertile. She wanted to have mor babies, but couldn't. I was an only child.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #38
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I hope they do for you too. My mother was in pain from hers. She had endo too, though. It caused her to be infertile. She wanted to have mor babies, but couldn't. I was an only child.
Yeah, I was glad that it was discovered after my DH got his V
Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #39
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

That is good for sure.