Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #111
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I gotta say, I have had so many vaginal US for this pregnancy (7 for this cycle, 3 more the month before) that they really dont bother me.
sorry your ultrasound didn't go as well, maybe the size difference was just the difference between the types of ultrasounds.

The vaginal ultrasound was fine actually. No problem at all. The pap before it was horrid! I learned something, I have a tilted vagina or something. Or tilted uterus? I don't remember what he said. Explains a lot, I actually was suspicious of it for awhile now, but really hadn't had the chance to have someone check - lol. The student that was with my doctor couldn't figure it out and the speculum was hurting as he was sorta trying to do it. Luckily, I was honest when he asked if everything felt alright and was like 'um, no!' and the doctor took over and noticed the issue.

after that, the ultrasound was quite comfy :P

TMI, I am sure.. but it explains SO much to me. lol

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #112
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

one more thing to add to my bad day. I had a flat tire when I went to take my daycare kiddo to school. I had to put 3 car seats in my civic and have her sit in the front seat for the 6 blocks to school since we didn't have time to walk....she couldn't be late field trip day. But the road side assistance came and put the spare on my car so I can go pick her up and then tomorrow we can all go get a new tire. Fun times.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #113
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I also thought a babymoon was getting away before baby is born.
Apparently it can be used to mean both. Googling found this:
"Babymoon has several meanings. The original meaning is a period of time that parents spend bonding with a recently-born baby.

More recently the term has come to be used to describe a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby. Babymoons usually take place at a resort that offers appropriate services like prenatal massage.

Babymoon can also be used for a trip taken by a couple even before they get pregnant. As long as the trip is intended to be a final romantic fling before venturing into parenthood, the term babymoon applies.

The term babymoon comes from the more traditional term honeymoon, which is a vacation taken by a newlywed couple after their wedding ceremony."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
well sometimes I just want to beat some sense in to my husband. He wants me to get a part time job. I work 3 day a week right now, so 12 days a month and make 1,000. With his job he never knows when he is going to be home, so we would have to have on call daycare for when he can't come home. I quit my full time job, cause after childcare I was making 300 a month. it wasn't worth it. Now I make money and he doesn't think its a enough. I think we just need to learn to live with in our means. Time for a budget over haul. 3,600 a month should be enough to live on when we have NO debt to pay right now. I don't start paying my student loans for 6 months since i just graduated.
that doesn't seem to add up. Hope you guys can discuss it and figure out a different way to make things work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
well, we saw our baby today! Wiggly Wiggly Wiggly! Baby wouldn't stop moving for the doctor to take the little measurements.

On another note, DH has decided we're going to move! yay! or not yay! he promises I won't have to do much. We'll see. I hate moving. Well, I love moving, but I hate the process of moving. So, looked at a couple houses this morning that the base offered and he's gone to the housing office to tell them which one.
for seeing baby! Sorry about the pap
I HATE moving too. Ick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I did have an ultrasound, but it was abdominal. I gotta say, I have had so many vaginal US for this pregnancy (7 for this cycle, 3 more the month before) that they really dont bother me. I was, however super disappointed with the quality of the abdominal US! Plus, baby is measuring two days smaller than last week so coupled with my bleeding on Fri and spotting Mon and Tues I am still worried. Wish they had just done the vaginal one and gotten a more accurate measurement. Trust me, I know how ridiculous I sound right now...
I would never tell you you sound ridiculous! I totally understand obsessing and worrying over every little thing.
A couple days really isn't a big deal - with a different u/s, and a couple days at this point is only a small measurement difference, kwim? Maybe the Dr wasn't quite as careful while measuring?
Did they seem worried at all?
I would worry too, not the measuring alone, but after the other odd symptoms. and for a trouble free time from here on.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #114
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am going crazy waiting for my first OB appt so I can hopefully hear baby's heartbeat! It will be oct 1st and then I think I will feel comfortable telling more people about the baby. I will be 12 weeks then. It just feels strange since I haven't had anything done. Just one + hpt, af that's almost 2 months late, and feeling exhausted and sensitive tummy. Anyone else feel this way before you have a confirmation appt etc?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #115
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had cramping a few day after hpt+, then 3w morning sickness, bloat ect, ive actually lost weight tge last few days:/ I am literally .4lb above the weight I was on thr day of my +hpt. How it this possible?
Pre pg 146.5lb
Today 146.9lb
12w today
But I still look 5 months preggo.
This pg is weirding me out!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #116
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie
I am going crazy waiting for my first OB appt so I can hopefully hear baby's heartbeat! It will be oct 1st and then I think I will feel comfortable telling more people about the baby. I will be 12 weeks then. It just feels strange since I haven't had anything done. Just one + hpt, af that's almost 2 months late, and feeling exhausted and sensitive tummy. Anyone else feel this way before you have a confirmation appt etc?
Yes...I am like this too! However more people than I planned on now know about the pregnancy. I'm a nurse and last week I was assigned to two patients that I shouldn't have taken care of pregnant so they always ask to be sure so of course I had to tell them. Word travels fast so I'm sure everyone will know soon there! I decided to tell my closest work friends after that because I didn't want them to hear through the grapevine

My appt is supposed to be the 24th. I started to lightly spot last week and now it is darker so I called today. Not sure if they will want to see me sooner or not. I'm sure it can wait, but it's unnerving. .
Old 09-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #117
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
I think this first trimester is kinda like that for everyone - unless you've got m/s, it's just kinda like a "nothing's happening" part. Of course, it's totally not if you could only watch what's going on inside, but on the outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I had cramping a few day after hpt+, then 3w morning sickness, bloat ect, ive actually lost weight tge last few days:/ I am literally .4lb above the weight I was on thr day of my +hpt. How it this possible?
Pre pg 146.5lb
Today 146.9lb
12w today
But I still look 5 months preggo.
This pg is weirding me out!
Generally your body will give to the baby first, so it's not really worrisome there. Many people don't gain anything in the first trimester (especially with m/s), and some people end up having a great "diet" weight loss after birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimdel View Post
My appt is supposed to be the 24th. I started to lightly spot last week and now it is darker so I called today. Not sure if they will want to see me sooner or not. I'm sure it can wait, but it's unnerving. .
That is so darn scary. I would definitely want to get in to check things out (even a quick u/s) right away.
Keep us posted, mama. for your baby to be just causing worries
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #118
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

That is so darn scary. I would definitely want to get in to check things out (even a quick u/s) right away.
Keep us posted, mama. for your baby to be just causing worries
Thanks for the prayers. Going for an US in a little bit!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #119
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimdel

Thanks for the prayers. Going for an US in a little bit!
Thinking of you!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #120
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hope everything is fine!!!!!!