Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #21
E_Sage's Avatar
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I wrote too soon....here are the amazon reviews, it gets terrible reviews. Sounds much like the intelligender which claims 90% accuracy but in reality it doesn't get very accurate results. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

If the link doesn't work, just search "pink or blue gender test" on amazon.

Edited...boy, their reviews are simply terrible. Much worse than intelligender which at least had approx 50% happy clients (the half the got the right gender). I'd highly recommend no one else waste money on them...they have an F from the BBB. And according to the reviews, you'll have a heck of a fight on your hands to get your money back and you won't get it all back.
I've seen mixed reviews, and I'm ok with it. Even if it is 95% accurate a they claim, it's wrong 5 times out of 100. I think I've heard they've sold 20,000 tests, so that's 1,000 wrong answers. Plus, their instructions used to be terrible- not telling women they had to be 10 weeks along and that their husbands can't touch the test or help them administer it, which would affect the accuracy. Even Acu-gen who is the bankrupt company with an infamous reputation for fetal sex blood tests sold 4,500 tests the first year (and probably thousands more every year after that) and only 40 people have joined the class-action lawsuit.

DF and I are also law students and can very easily sue the company in California state court if we need to. I don't know if I would be so confident about the test if I couldn't easily file a lawsuit I know would be successful. I wish that these test would just be regulated by the FDA or at least administered and monitored by doctors. I've talked to two of my doctors about this test, though, and they just lecture about how unimportant the sex of the baby is or they won't entertain the idea because they're paranoid that someone could abort a baby for being the "wrong" sex. I don't think that the accuracy of the tests are *that* bad, and I think they could be a lot better if people were more open-minded about parents being excited about gender.

ETA: I just read the Amazon reviews and it doesn't bother me that 7 people wrote on Amazon that they got incorrect results. I'm surprised that there aren't more, TBH. The other negative reviews are people who didn't realize how much it costs, and one nurse who doubts the science. (The science is there- the question is whether this COMPANY uses the proper science!)

Advertisement


Last edited by E_Sage; 09-08-2012 at 05:43 PM.
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
jenbengtson's Avatar
jenbengtson
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 888
My Mood:
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

i should be cleaning this weekend, but I am pretty sure I go the flu on top of normal morning sickness, so I am just laying on the couch. I may make it to the store
__________________
Mommy to Emma 10-11-2008 and Madeline 7-24-2010
Join me at CROWDTAP http://bit.ly/jCJLSN
jenbengtson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #23
RunawayBunny's Avatar
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010
We had our 2nd ultrasound today. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat with the vaginal probe? Too. Perfect. 143 beats/min. It was amazing. Best day. Dh works this weekend so I will just be cleaning (blah) and relaxing!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010

What will the Halloween costume be? I wish I was crafty and creative. I definitely missed Out that gene lol.
He is going to be a farmer, a chicken farmer to be exact. I picked that mostly since he keeps picking up stuffed chicken toys whenever we see them so I decided to knit him one. Then I needed a reason to justify the cost of the yarn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88

I'm making the boys costumes this year! They've requested Mario and Luigi (by they I mean the big one, the one year old doesn't care)
Cute!


Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama
Just joined the expecting mom swap if anybody wants to join. Way less complicated than the everything swap, IMO. Check it out!
What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
We are going to a Dinosaur exhibit. DS1 is so excited he has been talking about it for weeks. He actually had a countdown for it. He is so into dinos, he knows all the dinos and what time period they lived and the continent they come from. He has been into them since about 18 months. He saw a book at my parents house and that was it. Ds2 is excited to he knows all about dinos bc ds1 teaches him but other than that he probably could care less if it wsa dinos or butterflys--he goes along for the ride.
Aww what a great exhibit!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson
i should be cleaning this weekend, but I am pretty sure I go the flu on top of normal morning sickness, so I am just laying on the couch. I may make it to the store
Oh no! You are having a rough week. I hope it starts turning up for you!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #24
KelseyH's Avatar
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama
Just joined the expecting mom swap if anybody wants to join. Way less complicated than the everything swap, IMO. Check it out!
I want to know what this is, too!

We heard the heartbeat this week and it was super fast! I think in the 150s/160s?? Can't remember. But I do know my son's was always low (low enough to worry the OB through most of our pregnancy). Does anyone know if the high heart rate/girl & low heart rate/boy correlation has any truth? DH is convinced if it's a girl, we are done.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
momneedssupport's Avatar
momneedssupport
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 3,092
My Mood:
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

My son decided on a vampire for Halloween, so Clara will be a cute ghost!

Decided today that I will be working out from here on out. I hate the way my body has turned to mush over the last 5 Weeks

25pushups and 40 jumping jacks plus serious running around the back yard with the kiddos this
Evening. Good start!

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!!
__________________
Cecili :wave2: Wife to Bryan (5-15-04) Momma to Brayden (2-5-08) Clara Reece (11-24-10)
And Bennett Lane (3-27-13)
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #26
4dramamama's Avatar
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,543
My Mood:
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
What is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I want to know what this is, too!
The swaps are found in the Co-op & Swaps boards at the VERY bottom of the forums listing. Then click "Open Swaps" and you'll see the thread for Expecting Mamas Swap. You might have to apply to be a part of the swap but I'm pretty sure you only have to have been here 3 months and have 30 posts. You sign up with what you need (and don't need) and you select how many people you want to swap with. This swap has a $25 (before postage) value.

Last pregnancy I was able to swap with people who actually listed stuff that I had (some new and some EUC) so I hardly spent any money. But it's totally fun buying baby presents for mamas. I like to order WAHM stuff and have it shipped straight there.
__________________
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
E_Sage's Avatar
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
The swaps are found in the Co-op & Swaps boards at the VERY bottom of the forums listing. Then click "Open Swaps" and you'll see the thread for Expecting Mamas Swap. You might have to apply to be a part of the swap but I'm pretty sure you only have to have been here 3 months and have 30 posts. You sign up with what you need (and don't need) and you select how many people you want to swap with. This swap has a $25 (before postage) value.

Last pregnancy I was able to swap with people who actually listed stuff that I had (some new and some EUC) so I hardly spent any money. But it's totally fun buying baby presents for mamas. I like to order WAHM stuff and have it shipped straight there.
That's really cool! I want to try once I've been here long enough!
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #28
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm81888 View Post
I've got to get my house in order and the guest room cleaned up, because my in-laws who live 12 hrs a way are coming for a 2-4 day visit complete with their dogs. I'm just so exhausted...Hopefully I can get hubby to help me as soon as he's finished helping my dad with his car. Also must work a 4 day week and try not to over do it.
I kwym - we did the same thing the morning my in-laws were supposed to arrive Silly thing is that they really couldn't care less about all that stuff, they really just want to see us. But I care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sage View Post
The ones they use in Europe are 98% accurate, but the one we used here in the US (Pink or Blue by Consumer Genetics) is 95% accurate, assuming you haven't recently miscarried a boy or gotten a transplant from a male donor. They have a money-back guarantee, so I feel comfortable with that. An u/s tech won't give a money back guarantee, certainly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
Edited...boy, their reviews are simply terrible. Much worse than intelligender which at least had approx 50% happy clients (the half the got the right gender). I'd highly recommend no one else waste money on them...they have an F from the BBB. And according to the reviews, you'll have a heck of a fight on your hands to get your money back and you won't get it all back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sage View Post
I've seen mixed reviews, and I'm ok with it. Even if it is 95% accurate a they claim, it's wrong 5 times out of 100. I think I've heard they've sold 20,000 tests, so that's 1,000 wrong answers. Plus, their instructions used to be terrible- not telling women they had to be 10 weeks along and that their husbands can't touch the test or help them administer it, which would affect the accuracy. Even Acu-gen who is the bankrupt company with an infamous reputation for fetal sex blood tests sold 4,500 tests the first year (and probably thousands more every year after that) and only 40 people have joined the class-action lawsuit.

DF and I are also law students and can very easily sue the company in California state court if we need to. I don't know if I would be so confident about the test if I couldn't easily file a lawsuit I know would be successful. I wish that these test would just be regulated by the FDA or at least administered and monitored by doctors. I've talked to two of my doctors about this test, though, and they just lecture about how unimportant the sex of the baby is or they won't entertain the idea because they're paranoid that someone could abort a baby for being the "wrong" sex. I don't think that the accuracy of the tests are *that* bad, and I think they could be a lot better if people were more open-minded about parents being excited about gender.
Ah, I see. That's definitely not something I'd ever bother with or have faith in. But if you are comfortable with it and want to do it, then it's totally your choice - obviously!

I will say those Drs are totally right. People shouldn't be so worried about what gender the baby is - unless being one gender or the other would mean something being passed on to baby from the parents.
I'm sorry. This is just something I have a lot of trouble with.
DH and I have NEVER cared what gender our babies were. We always just wanted a healthy baby, and a healthy me, at the end. Given our experiences, we want that ever so much more.
Yes, gender of baby is exciting, but it shouldn't matter which gender it is, and there's no real "need" to know (under normal circumstances) before baby is born - it's just one more surprise on that wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
i should be cleaning this weekend, but I am pretty sure I go the flu on top of normal morning sickness, so I am just laying on the couch. I may make it to the store
Oh no! I was feeling horrid last night and crawled into bed at 5:30pm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
We heard the heartbeat this week and it was super fast! I think in the 150s/160s?? Can't remember. But I do know my son's was always low (low enough to worry the OB through most of our pregnancy). Does anyone know if the high heart rate/girl & low heart rate/boy correlation has any truth? DH is convinced if it's a girl, we are done.
I have heard the hb/gender thing before, but I will say from my own experiences, our babies heartrates were always the same, no matter what gender they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Decided today that I will be working out from here on out. I hate the way my body has turned to mush over the last 5 Weeks

25pushups and 40 jumping jacks plus serious running around the back yard with the kiddos this
Evening. Good start!
Good for you! Just remember not to overdo it.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #29
~Roses~'s Avatar
~Roses~
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 341
My Mood:
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

I started spotting again on Friday. Apparently cooking breakfast, hanging streamers, and going grocery shopping was too much after resting for nearly 2 weeks since the last time I had spotting. I've been off my feet since then, other than going to a wedding yesterday for a few hours, where I sat the entire time and didn't mingle or dance.

Will call my Dr again tomorrow. Maybe the UTI is back? We just saw the heartbeat last Wednesday, so that's reassuring, but this stupid spotting freaks me out! Argh!
__________________
~Roses~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #30
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Sep 7-13 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Roses~ View Post
I started spotting again on Friday. Apparently cooking breakfast, hanging streamers, and going grocery shopping was too much after resting for nearly 2 weeks since the last time I had spotting. I've been off my feet since then, other than going to a wedding yesterday for a few hours, where I sat the entire time and didn't mingle or dance.

Will call my Dr again tomorrow. Maybe the UTI is back? We just saw the heartbeat last Wednesday, so that's reassuring, but this stupid spotting freaks me out! Argh!
That's always scary. Definitely call the Dr and see if they'll do another quick peek to check on Baby. Keep us posted.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.