Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Greenmamma2
Registered Users

My Mood:
How to start with 2.5 yr old

Hi Ladies! I don't usually post on here, but I am really ready to pt my 2.5 yr old. Tired of two in cloth!! Thoughts on the best way to start? We have all the gear because I thought I was going to try to train him at the start of the summer, but couldn't get my dh to commit to a whole weekend at home to kick it all off. I've given up on the idea that will ever happen!
I think DS is ready, as he know when he is going to poop, and can toot when he wants to be funny, so he has command of his body. He is not afraid of the potty. I think the struggle will be getting him to stop playing to go, just as it is a struggle to get him to stop playing long enought to change his diaper. Any great suggestions are welcome!

Advertisement

Greenmamma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Well since you are asking for advice I would recommend 3 things:

The Oh Crap Potty Training ebook. I think it's great. You can do potty training without it. But I just think it makes it SO much easier.
A little potty
A positive attitude.

You don't need treats or charts or rewards or trainers or pull ups any of that. Just read the book, dive in. He is at a good age. I would not wait much longer personally, he sounds totally capable. I would try to set aside a week to work on it if you can. It's a new skill, don't expect it to happen overnight. Some kids take to it very easily, others take more time. Hopefully he'll think it's great to be out of diapers and make it easy on you!

Last edited by hibiscus869; 10-13-2012 at 03:53 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
mdkissel
Registered Users
seller

Re: How to start with 2.5 yr old

I am in the same boat, attempting to potty train a 2.5 year old. I may have to check out that book!
mdkissel is offline   Reply With Quote