Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
We don't even care if it's healthy

I'm so tired of people arguing with me that since we have two girls, we obviously want a boy this time. Yes, perfect stranger at the grocery store, you know better than me and my husband what child we want. 'We just want it to be healthy.' Even the answer 'No, we actually think a girl would be adorable' doesn't seem to faze them - 'But surely your husband wants a boy'. I had planned on changing my answer to 'You're right, if it's a girl this time we don't even care if it's healthy. We might not even keep it.'

Good thing I just had our baby GIRL two days ago. Someone already posted on Facebook if we would try for a boy again.

Advertisement

SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

We had 5 girls before our first son and I know those comments all too well. We live children, want a houseful, and don't care at all about gender.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
erlyjo
User requested temporary ban
seller
seller

My Mood:
First off, congrats on your baby girl!

Second, I'm so sorry people are so rude. We just had our fourth and everybody is asking if we're done now. We have always wanted a large family and are open to how ever many God gives us, but I have yet to come up with any responses as clever as yours!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have two girls, a boy, and two girls and people want to know if we are trying for a boy. Or they ask if we arr sad we have four girls and only one boy
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: We don't even care if it's healthy

First of all congrats on your baby girl

We get it on the other side. We have 2 boys and don't know the gender of this one.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

People can be stupid! I'm getting really tired of "oh it's a girl, how perfect , one of each, the perfect family! So are you guys done now that you have one of each? " ugh!! NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!! So we wouldn't have a perfect family if we had another boy!! Really! I just want people to shut there mouth and say congrats!! We want a healthy baby whether it be a boy or girl!

Congrats on your healthy baby girl!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

I've had 3 girls and am due with a boy. The amount of "now you can he done" comments and even " so are you tying your tubes" questions are insulting and aggravating. We'll have as many children as God blesses us with. Girls or boys whatever it's nobody's business. Though if we tie a tube or snip anything that is nobody's damn business either.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsmama View Post
People can be stupid! I'm getting really tired of "oh it's a girl, how perfect , one of each, the perfect family! So are you guys done now that you have one of each? " ugh!! NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!! So we wouldn't have a perfect family if we had another boy!! Really! I just want people to shut there mouth and say congrats!! We want a healthy baby whether it be a boy or girl!

Congrats on your healthy baby girl!
This exactly for me, until #3! Why do people act like having more kids is a dreadful thing or shouldnt be done(like your going to regret it or its going to be too much to handle). I'm pregnant with #4 and have had many people say "well this is your last isn't it" or "I think four is enough", OMG! Really people!

You just gotta learn to let it roll off. Sorry people can be so rude but your responses are pretty clever, lol Congrats on your little girl!
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

congrats! 3 girls would actually be fun

I always tell people that we will take whatever baby God wants us to have...even if the baby isn't healthy.

I know from experience that even a baby that isn't healthy is still an amazing blessing...in some ways even more special than the healthy ones...
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats! And yes that is so annoying. We have 2 boys and people are constantly telling me, not asking, but telling me that we need a girl and will be lucky to have a girl. I don't care what gender baby is.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote