Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

My new house! PIC HEAVY

I just wanted to share my new house! We've gotten rid of so much stuff, and just moved! These pics were taken two days after we moved in, so keep that in mind LOL

First, we start with the living room. I hate that chair, but dh loves it. It's so ugly, but it is really comfy LOL

The living room behind the couch:

The dining room/kitchen-those totes are no longer there, and the island is now cleaned off and all that stuff on the side next to the counter is put away too. Oh, and we got our "real" fridge delivered yesterday. the little one we were just borrowing from FIL

Pantry: we were waiting on our new fridge, so had to get stuff that didn't need refrigeration LOL

master bedroom: I sold my bed b/c dd can't get off safely and b/c we are going to be buying a king size bed as soon as she is able to, so didn't want to move the old bed. Those storage totes on the side are her diapers and clothes

A different view-those boxes are still there. IDK what to do with them. They hold my girls' special school stuff. I think I'll put them in the office. Also getting rid of the TV b/c I am afraid it could fall and hurt the baby (yes, I am that paranoid)

Master closet: the whole big left side and above shelf are dh's, the small right side is mine. The top 2 shelves in the back are mine and bottom 4 are dh's. Yep, he has way more than me lol

Master bathroom-dd's wallet is on the floor LOL, the counters do not have anything on them, and there's a vanity to the left that has my makeup case on it

Little girls bedroom: this is my 6 y/o and 2 y/o bedroom, but currently only my 6 y/o sleeps in there. But next weekend we are getting this bed with the matching trundle underneath it, so 2 y/o can move in there, but still be sleeping "with" someone (she currently sleeps with me but will sometimes fall asleep in there, and we want to transition her out by the time we get my new bed)

the black bag has all the stuffed animals that go in a net that isn't up yet

big girls bedroom: this one bugs me, b/c they hang all their purses on their bed and they each have at least 10. It's crazy, but they refuse to get rid of any. That box is now unpacked

girls bathroom:

Laundry room, haven't cleaned/organized that yet

eBay room/office-the bed was going to go in the little girls room until we decided on the trundle instead-it was mine when I was little. the tote next to it is pictures and I need to put it away, b/c it's still sitting there All the stuff on the right is ebay stuff. In the closet is all my packaging materials

And that's it!

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: My new house! PIC HEAVY

Awesome! Must be great to have a fresh start like that!!! Even the areas you say still need work look great, and there's so much open room. Congratulations mama!
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

Looks awesome! I can't wait for a fresh start

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Congrats!
Everything looks so fresh and clean, and clutter free! Makes me eager to move someday, although I can't imagine the work that goes into a move. Esp with little ones around.
I am in the midst of an entire house purge, so I hope that will make a future move slightly easier
I can definitely relate to the clothes situation. My DH uses the larger closet in our bedroom. No idea how he has so many clothes! (Well, maybe because he has kept every t-shirt since high school)
If you ever feel an urge to add color to those walls, let me know! I love doing color consults. I have only helped friends and family in real life to make paint color selections, but would love to start doing more online

Last edited by indigo152; 09-09-2012 at 07:26 AM.
indigo152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow love it, look at all that space must feel wonderful! No hope of us moving anytime soon so I rely on my decluttering efforts to give me a fresh new feel lol. Congrats! Enjoy
clothlover8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152 View Post
Congrats!
Everything looks so fresh and clean, and clutter free! Makes me eager to move someday, although I can't imagine the work that goes into a move. Esp with little ones around.
I am in the midst of an entire house purge, so I hope that will make a future move slightly easier
I can definitely relate to the clothes situation. My DH uses the larger closet in our bedroom. No idea how he has so many clothes! (Well, maybe because he has kept every t-shirt since high school)
If you ever feel an urge to add color to those walls, let me know! I love doing color consults. I have only helped friends and family in real life to make paint color selections, but would love to start doing more online
Yeah moving sure is a lot of work! We had a lot of help though. My in laws came and MIL watched the kiddos and FIL kind of directed everyone LOL. And my coworker let us borrow her truck and trailor and our neighbor helped us with his truck and trailor. Plus I was really motivated, b/c moving meant that dh could now bring me the baby at lunch time to nurse. So I was really, really motivated by that!

As far as the walls, we rent, so we aren't going to re-paint or anything, but I'd like to at least fix the paint in the master. I hate that color b/c its so dark, but the landlord JUST painted it, so can't ask him to repaint it, but it's all splotchy and not done well so I'd like to at least touch it up a bit. BUT I would like some decorating ideas to kind of make that color work. Once we get our new bed, I am going to get new sheets and would like to decorate some so the color isn't so THERE lol.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

I just looked back at the master bedroom photos. Hmm, that was an interesting color choice by the landlord for a bedroom It looks brown or almost rust color? Sometimes hard to tell actual colors onscreen.
I would suggest some big, white picture frames, or maybe a collage of several white frames on the wall. You could also hang mirrors or a big mirror over the dresser with a white or silver frame. You could even paint the dresser white which will give a more modern feel.
Light colored bedding, too. I would think solid white (yep, more white), or white with a graphic print of light teal or bright greens.
Have fun with decorating!!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

it's like a dark maroon, not brown at all. I think white would be a good way to brighten it up. No white sheets though, the kids would destroy them!

Yeah the colors do not make any sense to me! Dark maroon and then yellow bathroom, and there's no door, so just this color contrast. Kind of makes me want to puke. BUT the house itself is everything we want, and the location is everything we want, so we will make it work LOL
Old 09-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
Bexo
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations! I love the pics! Keep up the good work and enjoy your new home!
~Mother to DS1 (7) DS2 (6) & DD (4) & DS3 (2) & due with baby #5 January 2016!
Bexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

You had me at huge living room w/ high ceilings and a great looking sectional.

You've done a great job keeping the space mostly open. BTW, would the older girls agree to hooks inside their closet door for their purses? Most older girls love the idea of a walk in closet, so if you have closet doors that open into the room rather than slide sideways, they might go for it.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote