Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bath toys?

It seems like we have way too many bath toys, but it's really not a ton. So how do you do bath toys?

Our baby is 1, and we have a few different things: a set of rubber ducks, foam shapes, ikea stacking cups, some toy fish & frogs etc... She joins me in the shower once a day, so I just leave the toys there. Do other people take them out? We also try to rotate through the toys so they aren't all out at once. Anyone else succeed in this? I'm just tired of stepping on bath toys!

Advertisement

mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Do you store your bath toys in anything? We have a net that suction cups to the side of the tub. All toys go in it after bathtime. Our bath toy collection just greatly increased with new bath toys DS received for his 1st birthday. His big sister insisted that they all go into the tub. The net holds them all!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bath toys?

I refuse to do bath toys. They get moldy and gross, so we stick with tupperware (we only use glass for food), and other recyclable containers that I leave in there for a few days (yogurt containers, blueberry containers, etc), then I put them in recycling. If we don't have any recycling that day, I put in measuring cups and funnels for canning.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I won't do those plastic squeezy water toys anymore because they always get moldy and gross on the inside. So we just have a set of stacking cups and a small toy watering can for the bath that we keep in a small netted bag. That's it.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I saw on pinterest where you put a dab of hot glue on the hole of bath toys and it keeps the toys from getting yucky inside. I haven't tried it yet but I thought it was a neat idea.

We keep some bath toys in a net in the shower and then I also have a small trashcan by the tub with extra toys in it and we rotate them out every few weeks.
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Is there anyway to clean inside the toys or tell if they are mucky?

I dont have a lot we have one small bin. Shoe box size
Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

At our other house, we have only a set of nesting buckets, some with holes in the bottom, and we add a washcloth, a cup, and I think one shower poof, and that keeps two girls entertained for long enough.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't have more than can fit in our bath toy storage thingy. We have the Boon frog one.

We don't use anything that might get yucky on the inside... but if anyone is looking for squirty toys for the bath, Boon sells some that you can open up (and you can switch the tops around, too). They're a bit hard to squeeze, though.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B001Q3L8RY

DS is only 2, so we haven't done too much in terms of toys. Mostly just simple cups, a tugboat, one duck, stuff like that. Sometimes we'll do fun things like bring colored ice cubes into the tub, or glow sticks in the dark.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152 View Post
Do you store your bath toys in anything? We have a net that suction cups to the side of the tub. All toys go in it after bathtime. Our bath toy collection just greatly increased with new bath toys DS received for his 1st birthday. His big sister insisted that they all go into the tub. The net holds them all!
Something like this. Both mine bath together though & toys tide them. We have 2 showers plus older one helps put in munchin mesh
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #10
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraE View Post
I refuse to do bath toys. They get moldy and gross, so we stick with tupperware (we only use glass for food), and other recyclable containers that I leave in there for a few days (yogurt containers, blueberry containers, etc), then I put them in recycling. If we don't have any recycling that day, I put in measuring cups and funnels for canning.
Great idea!
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote