Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
breanne_roz
Registered Users
seller

Baby Steals - Rearz?

Today on http://babysteals.stealnetwork.com/ they have 5 Rearz Snap Me diapers for $39.99. I have been out of the cloth diapers world for about 4 years now, so I'm clueless! My girlfriend is expecting next month and I wanted to pick something up for her shower. Can anyone tell me about these diapers and if their worth buying?

Thanks

Advertisement

breanne_roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:
I believe they are china cheapies.

Sent from my iPhone- forgive the craziness
Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby Steals - Rearz?

Rearz are definitely not China cheapies! They are a Canadian company and I believe the diapers are made in Canada. I've liked them well enough. My biggest complaint has been with the velcro, so I am excited to see them in snaps. I bought two packs from BabySteals.

Probably not a good baby shower present though, they are a rather bulky fitted. I would recommend them for more experienced moms.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
breanne_roz
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the input! I didn't end up buying any.

This is an experience cloth diapering mama! It's been 5 years since she last used cloth, but she's excited to build up a stash for her newest addition
Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgirl28
Rearz are definitely not China cheapies! They are a Canadian company and I believe the diapers are made in Canada. I've liked them well enough. My biggest complaint has been with the velcro, so I am excited to see them in snaps. I bought two packs from BabySteals.

Probably not a good baby shower present though, they are a rather bulky fitted. I would recommend them for more experienced moms.
They are made in Pakistan, according to my tags
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by breanne_roz
Today on http://babysteals.stealnetwork.com/ they have 5 Rearz Snap Me diapers for $39.99. I have been out of the cloth diapers world for about 4 years now, so I'm clueless! My girlfriend is expecting next month and I wanted to pick something up for her shower. Can anyone tell me about these diapers and if their worth buying?

Thanks
They are not on that link
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've used them and honestly, I thought they were awful. I don't know where they're made, but they're definitely really cheap. Each one was a different size, had a different number of snaps on them, and the elastic was shot after a few washes on hot. The fit was weird.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Rearz makes several different fitteds. I've heard pretty terrible things about their older fitteds, but I've used two different versions of the Smitten fitteds and they've been good quality (except for the velcro). I've looked at their other fitteds and was not impressed.

The G1 Smittens took forever to dry and the velcro laundry tabs sucked but they functioned fine as a diaper.

The G2 Smittens have a tongue and pocket so they dry a lot faster. The pocket is nice for adding extra at bedtime. The velcro is much improved, but I am not a huge velcro fan, and it's just hard to have amazing laundry tabs on a bulky fitted.

They are bulky, but they are good option for parents looking to get away from bamboo/microfiber/fleece/suedecloth for whatever reason.

The Rearz BabySteals had most recently looked like the G2 Smittens with snaps instead of velcro. I like that BS had the XL size. I have a feeling my little boy won't be potty training any time soon, and he's a big kid, so I picked up a pack of the XLs just in case we need them someday. They'll probably be a great nighttime diaper when he's older.

Hopefully I get a chance to swing by the PO Box and pick mine up soon! I'll post if there are any surprises.

Are they worth full price? Maybe if you are Canadian
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
breanne_roz
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the input