Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Period Changes After Miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage back in May. We have been hoping to conceive again, but it has been 4 cycles (just beginning the 5th) with no luck. In the past we have always conceived very very easily. We have conceived on the first try twice when even we were trying to avoid via NFP the other two times. I am starting to wonder if something is up. Besides the fact that it has been a relatively long time for us, I have had some changes in my periods since the miscarriage and I am wondering if there are any clues there. My cycles have been at least 2-4 days shorter than usual. They have also been strangely thick (stringy, small clots, just generally thick blood, etc.). The quantity and duration of bleeding, however, has been totally normal. Could those changes mean anything?? I am trying to figure out what's going on and if I should go see my midwives perhaps.

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Re: Period Changes After Miscarriage?

I had my daughter (first time trying) and then a miscarriage we weren't trying and got pregnant, then it took almost a year to get pregnant. My cycles changed a bit and it took a while for them to "be normal" after each miscarriage -( I had a mc after my son was born too.) I'd say wait a month or two, but if it makes you feel better, call your midwives. My midwives and their nurses are great to talk to.

Praying you'll have your rainbow soon!