Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
Love4leon's Avatar
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,661
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 10th

Hmm- Jennifer- that really looks like a possibility for twins! What did the RE say? That is a beautiful picture!! Do they do that for you at the office? I can't wait to see the BFP!

Advertisement

Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 10th

Yay Jennifer! So glad it went well.
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
3 ladybugs's Avatar
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,768
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon
Hmm- Jennifer- that really looks like a possibility for twins! What did the RE say? That is a beautiful picture!! Do they do that for you at the office? I can't wait to see the BFP!
On phone so please excuse.

I didn't ask the RE because I was just so excited that we didn't loose one and I got my baby J, the one I wanted transferred last time.

Yes the RE gives me a photo of all my babies. I got one prior to the freeze and one prior to the transfer.

Thank you and Slimy for the well wishes.
__________________
Jennifer (37) - Wife since 12/2003 with 5 children - 3 waiting for me in heaven , and 2 delighting me everyday ! Lymphoma survivor and mother to baby born post pelvic radiation!
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #14
sdavis514's Avatar
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the DC, Balto, Philly corridor
Posts: 1,021
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 10th

slimy- Those mama cloth look gorgeous!!! I know what you mean - I only have like 5 and keep putting off buying more thinking I wont need them if I get pregnant!

Hope4more - fingers crossed for you!!! Hope this is your month

Carissa - HUGS!! This will be our last IUI for a while too, mostly because of cost.

Jennifer - YAY!!! Glad everything went good! Having the pictures is a nice treat when having IVF. Can't get those wit hthe IUIs LOL

AFM - Well I am feeling better today. Had my phone consultation with my RE this afternoon. We are still doing a cycle this month!!! We usually do clomid cd 3-9 but since I am on cd 5 today, we are just gonna do it cd 5-11. We are adding in 3 injectables to see if that boost my follicle production. I have only been getting 1 each cycle so hopefully I will get 2-3 with the addition of the shots.

Bad news is - if this cycle doesnt work, he wants me to do a laproscopy? To check for endo, etc. I understand why but it is a super expensive test in the hospital and requires a lot more time. ( I do daycare and usually my mom or sister watch the kids since the appt are so quick but I will need to take the whole day off for this, I think). I asked the benefits people a cost estimate, which she could not tell me since it depends on the codes he uses. But she said it could be anywhere from $500 -$2,000 to get it done!!! ( I have no medical insurance coverage for IF at all).

But praying that this will be my month and all the rest of you mamas too!!!
__________________
S- mama to my 6 year old turkey and identical girls born 8-2-13 "hoot" & "snowy"
My ISO/IHA trades http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1566295
sdavis514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Love4leon's Avatar
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,661
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 10th

Sarah- Can you go through your OBGYN for the laproscopy? I would try to get that covered through insurance since that is also a general health concern (endo) I had mine done 4 years ago and it was fully covered by my health insurance- I have endo, and the reason I had it done was because of irregular periods. I didn't even think about infertility issues back then. I would advise not going through your RE for any tests or procedures that can and should be covered by medical insurance.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #16
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Sarah- Can you go through your OBGYN for the laproscopy? I would try to get that covered through insurance since that is also a general health concern (endo) I had mine done 4 years ago and it was fully covered by my health insurance- I have endo, and the reason I had it done was because of irregular periods. I didn't even think about infertility issues back then. I would advise not going through your RE for any tests or procedures that can and should be covered by medical insurance.
This is exactly what I was going to say. I will probably need another one coming up soon to clean everything out (if they find it they go ahead and do the procedure then and there and you will be down for a few days.) But my OB did it last time and it's totally covered. So I would not have the RE do that so that it was considered normal medical not IF. We did that with all of my hcgs the last few weeks. We did them through my ob's clinic even thought its the RE that wanted them so they would be covered. Because pregnancy is covered, IF is not. Well, I was technically pregnant so the insurance will pay it.
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
Love4leon's Avatar
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,661
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
This is exactly what I was going to say. I will probably need another one coming up soon to clean everything out (if they find it they go ahead and do the procedure then and there and you will be down for a few days.) But my OB did it last time and it's totally covered. So I would not have the RE do that so that it was considered normal medical not IF. We did that with all of my hcgs the last few weeks. We did them through my ob's clinic even thought its the RE that wanted them so they would be covered. Because pregnancy is covered, IF is not. Well, I was technically pregnant so the insurance will pay it.
Same here- most recently my RE informed me of the polyp- I had the 1st and 2nd surgery done with an OBGYN so that is was covered by my insurance.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #18
sdavis514's Avatar
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the DC, Balto, Philly corridor
Posts: 1,021
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 10th

Ok, I need help!!!! So since this cycle ended up being kinda spur of the moment thing, I can't get to the clinic for help. We are doing clomid, 3 shots and ovidrel. I have done the prefilled syringe of ovidrel before, that is easy. But I have never used the injectibles before. I just got the meds overnighted from the specialty pharmacy. The package contained 3 needle, 3 syringes and 6 vials. Three vials are sodium cloride and 3 are the Bravelle. Any one use these before? I have read the instructions and it looks like you mix the sodium chloride with the Bravelle tablet int the vial and then inject. I was gonna have my RN sister do it tonight for me but she does not have time. I am soo scared of messing it up!!! I don't want to take a chance with $60 a vial medicine! LOL Any advice, ladies??
__________________
S- mama to my 6 year old turkey and identical girls born 8-2-13 "hoot" & "snowy"
My ISO/IHA trades http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1566295
sdavis514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #19
Love4leon's Avatar
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,661
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 10th

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis514 View Post
Ok, I need help!!!! So since this cycle ended up being kinda spur of the moment thing, I can't get to the clinic for help. We are doing clomid, 3 shots and ovidrel. I have done the prefilled syringe of ovidrel before, that is easy. But I have never used the injectibles before. I just got the meds overnighted from the specialty pharmacy. The package contained 3 needle, 3 syringes and 6 vials. Three vials are sodium cloride and 3 are the Bravelle. Any one use these before? I have read the instructions and it looks like you mix the sodium chloride with the Bravelle tablet int the vial and then inject. I was gonna have my RN sister do it tonight for me but she does not have time. I am soo scared of messing it up!!! I don't want to take a chance with $60 a vial medicine! LOL Any advice, ladies??
Hi Sarah- It is actually pretty easy and easy to get use to doing yourself. They should include some directions with photos to help you out- you might need to use 2 different needles for the mixing and injecting. The mixing needle is a larger gauge needle. Basically the idea is that you mix the liquid with the dry and inject. Do you have the instructions with it? I did all my shots myself and each time I used the instructions just to be certain I did it right. You can do it
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
sdavis514's Avatar
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the DC, Balto, Philly corridor
Posts: 1,021
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of September 10th

Well the package did not come with instructions. I dont know why but my friend who is a nurse practitioner came by to help me. Then it did not even say where to put it, in the lower stomach or in the top of the butt. I had to google it The only issue I had is that it made me kinda light headed but that passed. I think I will be able to do it Saturday by myself.
__________________
S- mama to my 6 year old turkey and identical girls born 8-2-13 "hoot" & "snowy"
My ISO/IHA trades http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1566295
sdavis514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.