Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Everything irritates me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
I've gone from responding with "Awe, congrats." to thinking. "I don't care... stupid people putting up stupid pictures of their stupid babies." *sigh*
This made me LOL! I'm sorry, mama! It's only a matter of days now and you'll be holding your precious newbie and everything will be right with the world again.

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
oldandnew
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i'm starting to get really impatient, and a bit more confrontational, not putting up with anyone's sh*t! 38 weeks...just waiting for SMK to decide it is her time!
My DS is 3 and been super whiney/tantrum throwing lately and I just can't deal with it...
Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww...I know how you feel about the messy house and other people's opinions. I've got a 3 & 2 year old who um don't really pick up after themselves, my pelvis kills when I bend over, and pushing a heavy vacuum give me contractions. So guess what, my house isn't spotless!

And...of all people my MIL told ds (who is 3!!) that our house was "very dirty" when she came over to "help" last weekend so that dh and I could run a few errands together. And she told the kids that the baby would be bringing them presents (which no, she isn't, she isn't freakin' Santa Claus. She's the anti-Santa Claus, this pregnancy is going to be really expensive b/c of all the ultrasounds plus the c-section). And the house was dirty b/c HER SON was pulling up bushes and tracked some mud in the house THAT DAY and I hadn't cleaned it yet. Which I was fine with, I just wasn't going to haul out the vacuum until the end of the day.

My dh is being very helpful though. I would go insane if he was not.

And people keep asking me what I'm up to (I'm scheduled for a c-section in a few days, having an ultrasound tomorrow to confirm placenta previa one last time) and I just say that I'm doing what I can but not stressing too much about a sterile house...time with my other kids is more important, and the baby won't know if I cleaned behind the fridge or not (I did not).

Anyways, I hope your baby comes soon so you can have some sanity back!
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #14
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M
Thanks ladies. I've still been really irritable the last few days.

Like today... a nutty "everything going wrong" day....

But anyway.. DH went to the grocery store. As I was putting away groceries DH said "Did you notice I bought you a Hershey's Pie?'

I said "I noticed that you bought YOU a Hershey's Pie."
DH: No, there are two slices in there, one for each of us.
Me: Yes, I am aware of that.. but while I like them, this is one of YOUR favorite desserts. You didn't buy this for ME, you bought it because it looked good to YOU, and you know that I like them too. But it's YOUR favorite dessert, not MINE. So don't be like "Oh, look what I bought you," and expect me to be like "oh my hero." Be honest. Instead of saying "look what I bought YOU." Say "Hey, I bought US some hershey's pie." Now.. if you had seen that they had coconut ice cream and bought it, THEN you coudl have said "HEY, did you see what I bought YOU," because YOU don't like coconut ice cream. Just be honest. You bought it because YOU wanted it. You didn't buy it as a present for ME."

LOL.. Man, I don't know why.. but it really really REALLY irritated me!

God bless!
DDC. I know you're miserable right now, but this dialogue cracked me up so much. It sounds like your poor husband would be wise to duck and cover for the time being. I just remember giving daggers to anyone who dared to cross my path when I was 37 weeks with my daughter, heck I'll probably do it again in about five months. It's almost over, then somehow you'll magically forget you ever felt this way and all will be right with the world.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #15
jaguglia930
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like something id say. Can u laugh about it yet?
jaguglia930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #16
jaguglia930
Registered Users
seller

I love flylady.com, it's free, has totally changed my life, and isn't anymore work than what i was doing. Bed rest is so hard, hang in there.
jaguglia930 is offline   Reply With Quote