Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
kbevie
Registered Users
seller

Does your daughter/son babywear dolls?

When I used my moby wrap and dolcino with my youngest daughter, my older daughter and son (twins) wanted to babywear their dolls. I used scarves for them and that seemed to work okay. Now I mostly wear YDD in the Ergo of Mei Tai, so I was thinking of making a doll mei tai for my daughter. Anyone else have one?

Advertisement

I'm owner and operator of 3 Sweet Peas, cloth diaper WAHM shop on Etsy. Hand dyed bamboo fitted diapers and wool interlock covers, and more.
3SP Etsy
3SP Facebook
kbevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your daughter/son babywear dolls?

yep ds wears dolls in his velcro tie that I made him. I will try to find a picture

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

All the time. I think I will help grow their stash for christmas but currently they have 2 ring slings and a kid moby between my 2 older daughters.

Just a pic, doing laundry like mama

msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

I made DD an ergo style carrier for her birthday, but she doesn't like to wear her babies right now. I think when this new little one comes she might want to, because she'll want to copy mommy. I hope so anyway. I think kids babywearing their dolls are the cutest.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

Sadly, no. I don't understand it, either. My 6yo dd was worn upwards of 10 hours a day from the time she was born until she started walking, and then it was still at LEAST 5 hours a day until she was around 3.5yo. It was how she napped, and she was exclusively worn whenever we were in public or doing any sort of outdoor activity. She LOVED it.

But that didn't translate to her loving being the one doing the wearing. I've tried every "type" of carrier, but the only way she's ever worn a doll is sticking it in her shirt with the dolls head coming out the head-hole with hers. And that was really rare.

Now that I'm typing all this out, I realize that she's not really a doll-loving kind of kid (not for lack of doll-having; we've provided all types of dolls for my girls AND boys). Maybe if she felt more nurturing toward her dolls she would do things like wear them and nurse them. As it is, she plays with her brothers most of the time, and they seldom feel like playing dolls. Ah well. I only care one way or the other because it's so darn cute to see a kid babywearing their dolls!

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My dd loves to wear her babies. I find it so cute!
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD is just 18 months but she already has a baby...a blue elmo stuffed toy..lol she is copying how I lift her and doing it to the toy...she even lullaby blue elmo to sleeps,. I'm sure she would love to carry blue elmo,. I just dont know how to use wrap,.but hopefully I will learn it this week.
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Darcon613
Registered Users

Msmamabear that's too cute!!!
Darcon613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
There was a lady in my breast feeding support group at the hospital that made all different kinds of carriers for real babies and dolls, too. Her several other children ( boys and girls) always came in wearing their baby dolls, and it was so cute! Facing in, facing out, on their backs or in cradle; they knew how to change positions with the babies, too, but needed mama to tie them. It was cutest thing ever, and her children were so sweet and well-behaved. I know there's a few mamas on here that live in the Bel Air, Maryland area, maybe she's on here, too.
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

yeah and i used to sell slings so i have doll slings. i want to get my 2 yr old an ssc bc he tries to wear my beco all the time lol.
oh, my avi is him at 1 1/2 or younger wearing his baby in a rs