Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

Disney On Ice

My DD and I are going to Disney on Ice Dare to Dream this Thursday. I donated my hair to Children with Hair Loss and got two free tickets. I have never been to a Disney on ice show, is there anything I should know? Would it be okay to dress up dd in a princess dress? Is it cold, will I need to bring jackets?

Advertisement

babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
firstlynn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Disney On Ice

well done & enjoy the tickets I went to a disney on ice many years ago & it was quite cold, so would bring jackets & there were people dressed in costumes. would love to bring my sons again but the nearest disney on ice show is >5 hours away from where we live...oh well, maybe someday. enjoy...
Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
norrahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have taken dd to several shows. Your dd will LOVE this one!! It was by far my favorite. Yes, absolutely dress your daughter if she/you want. Like the pp mentioned, it does get chilly so a jacket is a good idea. The show was 45minutes, then a 15ish minute intermission and another 45ish minutes. Bring your camera/video cameras are allowed as well. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did!!
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely let your DD dress up if she wants to. Lots of little girls (and boys!) will be dressed up as well. It usually is cold so if she chooses to wear a costume, I would put it over regular clothes and/or bring jackets as the pp suggested.

Check to see if there are any "pre-show" activities. The last show we went to was princess themed so you could meet a few of the princesses before hand. Usually it is about an hour before the show time, but double check for your venue.

Be prepared for the onslaught of expensive souvenirs and food to buy! As a rule we choose not to buy any of those things, because we shell out the money for the tickets, but you may or may not make an allowance for it since you are getting the tickets for free. Instead we try to eat before we go or I usually have a stash of snacks in my purse.

Another suggestion: go to the dollar store and pick up the glow in the dark bracelets, necklaces and stuff. They will have lots of light up toys at the show to purchase but they are mega $$$. For just a few bucks, your DD can still have some light up stuff for the dark scene changes.

Have fun! It usually is a pretty good show. :-)
Old 10-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Please be prepared it is VERY expensive for food and toys and they are EVERYWHERE. The spinning light up toys are VERY popular and the kids play with them during the dark parts of the show. They can be $30+ for something that would cost $10 at walmart. Even snow cones are $5 - $10. When my kids were little I brought light up toys from home/walmart or glow sticks from the dollar store. When they were older we told them the SET in stone budget. I've known people go in not expecting it and dropping an extra $100 more then they planned not being able to say no.

LOL - It looks like PP and I were typing at the same time
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
earthflower
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We went a few years ago it was Mickey & Minnie's Magical Journey. It was very entertaining, the lighting was good, singing, skating all well done. And if you have your own little light up $1 store necklaces/bracelets bring one, the light up toys they sell are expensive.
earthflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

We went to one 2 years ago and loved it. Met life bought out the show for military families only and gave away the tickets on post. My kids wore fleece outfits and they were comfortable. We took coats, gloves, and hats but noone used them. My daughter loves Rapunzel and Tiana so we really want to take them to see the one Dare to Dream one.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

The show starts are 7:00 but I intend to get there no later than 4:30 because parking there really sucks and if we get there before 5:00 there is a meet and greet all the princesses before the show.
I guess I need to get to the dollar store and get some wands and stuff.
Now dd just need to pick a princess. We have Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Alice in Wonder Land, Tinkerbelle, Belle, and I think that there may be a few others. She could even wear her purple fairy halloween costume.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

How fun! I'm a hug Disney buff! And I really want to take my boys to see DoI one day! Enjoy every moment!