Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #11
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Help finding a quality nursing bra?

Thanks so much for all the help mamas

Advertisement

babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
kharvey92611
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakes3.4.5.... View Post
I couldn't figure out where else to post this, and nursing bras do "support" breast feeding So...any recommendations on a quality nursing bra? I would be willing to spend more $$ for something that lasts! I am expecting again in December and I have yet to find something that lasts more than a couple months the last couple times I've done this! I need something easy to use, underwire, and straps that will hold up the, um, ladies

If you have a favorite night nursing bra feel free to add that as well! I like my Amon maternity ones but could use another to alternate! Thanks ladies!
check out the bravado bliss. I seriously can not get enough of bravado
kharvey92611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #13
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love love love my Anita bra, I bought 3 and have been using them in rotation for 17 months. I just bought a new one because the wires were slightly bent. I'm a 32F.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Anita
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
clexiske06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Bravado seamless silk bras. I have used them for 6M with 1st DD and now using them with 2nd DD and they are holding up great. I also found i LOVE HotMILK bras too :-) They are much sexier nursing bra without wires but if you want ultimate comfort I would go with Bravado for sure! oh and Bravado is so much more forgiving in the first months of nursing while your size is still changing so much.
clexiske06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #16
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Also wanted to add, my bravado bliss came with clips to convert it from a nursing bra to a regular bra. I will not wear an underwire bra while nursing to help avoid duct clogging issues. I don't miss it in this bra.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #17
shannychi
Registered Users
seller

I like the Bravado, as others have noted. But, to my surprise, with baby #5 arriving last January, I found a few Medela bras on clearance. Now, just to be honest, these ARE NOT cute, but the underwire one I have if by far the most supportive and comfy bra. I kind of feel like my grandma hooking up the 4 hooks, but it works wonderfully!
shannychi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #18
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

So you ladies with the bravado bliss and silk seamless, you're really not missing the under wire? There's enough support for all day wear? I had some wire-free before, because I had also read that was better for breast health, but oh. my. goodness. It sagged something terrible! It makes me very anxious about trying another wire-free version. What does it have that makes it supportive???
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I can't speak of the silk seamless, I've only tried the bliss. I like a very structured, supportive bra and the silk looked too unstructured for my taste, but again I haven't tried it, this was just based on the picture I wear the bliss all the time. It is absolutely as supportive as an underwire bra. It offers good separation to avoid the uniboob. There was a bit of a torpedo shape (think pinup ) for the first few wearings, but it went away. it is an attractive bra and easily my favorite nursing bra I've ever had.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #20
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakes3.4.5....
So you ladies with the bravado bliss and silk seamless, you're really not missing the under wire? There's enough support for all day wear? I had some wire-free before, because I had also read that was better for breast health, but oh. my. goodness. It sagged something terrible! It makes me very anxious about trying another wire-free version. What does it have that makes it supportive???
I tried wire free ones and they just didn't cut it. I asked my LC and she said if my bra fits properly (which it does/did) and I don't allow myself to stay engorged for an unreasonable period of time (which I wouldn't anyway) then the likelihood of clogged ducts is minimal. Clogged ducts are associated with underwire because so many people wear bras that aren't fitted properly.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote