Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

cloth

i can't remember if it's been asked or not, but how many are doing cloth and which ones are you using? have you started your stash yet? i'm planning to use sposies for the first month and then start cloth. IMO nb cloth is just too expensive for the short period of time it'll be used. i'm planning to just use sun baby dipes and wash them with rockin' green. i have about 22 now and have 13 more coming in the mail and buying i think about 4 more from someone when she gets them in the mail.

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: cloth

NB:
preemie prefolds, 4 nb BSWW covers
6 xs fuzzibunz
Smalls:
16 small (pointy tab) fuzzibunz
Mediums:
20ish medium fuzzibunz, mix of pointy and square tabs
3 OS (not elite) fuzzibunz

As our next kiddo grows out of the above items, I'll be selling them off as we'll be done with them.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

We will be using cloth, and I have to start ALL over since we destashed after DD stop using them since we weren't planning on anymore LO's for a long time.

I have decided to keep it simple this time around. With her, I had soo many different brands & styles of dipes, prices of all kinds, and it got overwhelming.

I'm just going to do fitteds & covers for the newb phase, and then switch to a OS pocket dipe once babe is big enough. Thinking Sunbaby or Alva, haven't decided for sure yet.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For the most part, this is what we do (I have a smattering of one size pockets-FBs and BGs, but don't use them much)

Newborns get flats with XS Thirsties covers. Once my "regular" size prefolds fit we use them for the duration. I use Thirsties duos, Flips, and Blueberry covers.

This system is simple and cheap. It's a little bulky in the stage switching from flats to prefolds, and I *could* buy a smaller prefold for this stage, but the fluffy bum doesn't bother me or the babies.

I've done wool, fitteds, and AIOs (even some I sewed myself) but I always go back to flats and prefolds with PUL covers.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

We will cloth diaper from the start. I am using prefolds and Crickett's fitted with Bummis Super Brights and Thirty's wraps.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

i'll be making up some comfy covers
http://www.clothish.com/item_35/Comf...ng-Pattern.htm

and using plain ol' flats. if i have time, i might make up some "nice" dipes, but i've got quite a to-do list for clothing, bw'ing, and some pp cloth and nursing pads for myself, so those r on the back burner until i get my other projects done
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

okay can you lovely ladies explain the prefolds thing to me? i'm willing to give it a shot i just don't know how to use them.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use and love BGE's but they don't fit very well until baby gets nice and fat so this time around I bought a NB stash-this is my first time cding a NB-very excited. I bought a variety...

Quite a few muttaquins, diaper drive through, happy heiny huggers, kissaluvs. I have 30 and hope they will get us too the BGE's stage.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
LuLu03
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is my second daughter, but I did all disposables for my first. For this one, I've started my stash with some Thirsties wraps (size 1) & prefolds I got on eBay. It was pretty cheap, and I'm hoping that since my first daughter wasn't too small, we might be able to use these from birth. Otherwise, I'm probably going to do disposables as well. The newborn cloth diapers aren't cheap, and my main reason for cloth is to save money
LuLu03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #10
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Cloth from day one.

I have spent 180 on bg AIOs (18) and 80 on converted prefolds (12).
I will sell the AIOs and get back probably 140 after shipping. I could probably get 50 for the prefolds.

260 spent-190 back= 70 bucks to diaper my baby for 3 ish months. I couldn't do that using sposies. Even if this kid grows super fast and they only last two months, still about the same as 2 months worth of Pampers averaging 10 changes a day (my preffered nb sposies) without the guilt of adding to landfills.

Last edited by lilbitcrunchy; 10-26-2012 at 04:04 AM.
lilbitcrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote