Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #21
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: MS support

i'm 14 weeks and still very barfy! Last night might have been my all time low this pregnancy...i've been so proud of myself for not wetting my pants when i puke, i usually try to go to the bathroom before i barf and i do kegels like crazy! i was even bragging to my friend (who has had babies, so obviously gets it) the other day that i hadn't wet my pants at all with this pregnancy. Well, last night, at about midnight it hit me so fast i had to hop out of bed and run to the bathroom to even make it to the toilet. It was the most violently i've been throwing up this pregnancy. With every heave i felt my bladder leak, and this lasted about fifteen minuets, which ended with me sitting in a puddle of my own urine. SO GROSS! and maybe this is even grosser, but i just put a towel over the puddle, cleaned myself up and went back to bed! i was so exhausted and gross feeling i didn't think i could deal with it (don't worry, it has since been all cleaned up!) i'm sure hoping not to repeat that one!

Also, does anyone have ideas for making my throat feel better? it feels so burned or raw or whatever the bile does to it and it's really getting painful! i've only tried honey, it works a little, but kind of makes me want to puke, which really defeats the purpose!

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #22
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

mama that sounds horrible! As far as making your throat feel better drink a lot of hot liquids like tea or apple cider. Add honey if you can. Have you mentioned it to your midwife or doc yet?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #23
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good lord mama thats sounds absolutely horrible!! nighttime is my only nausea/puke free time...i couldn't imagine. I second the hot tea. I always sip peppermint our chammamile tea after.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #24
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yep me too, I love on the tea at night time. Lately I have been sick in the mornings and then again late at night. The mid-day is really the only time I feel somewhat normal.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #25
mommy2fourmunchkins
Registered Users
seller

Today has been another all day vomiting type o' day. I'm so tired of it. My muscles hurt and I feel so weak all the time. I feel so guilty that I can barely give the kids what they need :-( I'm glad hubby has been home since Friday but he leaves again tomorrow for two weeks. Wish us luck...
*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #26
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

So, I thought I was in the puking m/s clear this pregnancy. During the 1st trimester I was extremely nauseous, but only puke a handful of times. Since starting the 2nd trimester, the nausea has dissipated some, but NOW I am puking. I have puked more in the last 2 weeks than I did all 1st trimester combined! What gives??

I agree with PPs on drinking tea. During my 3rd pregnancy I drank just plain old liptons tea. The great thing was, when I puked it up there was NO taste. No awful acidy taste at all. If I tried an herbal tea, it was awful! I couldn't even sweeten it with honey. It had to be plain. I don't know what to do about the raw throat though. Have you tried any antacids to help cut the acid a little bit? Maybe try some lozenges to help soothe the throat too.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

i've actually started drinking just hot water with lemon and honey, it doesn't make me barf and it helps my throat. Why i didn't do that sooner instead of just a teaspoon of honey, i don't know! Still feeling icky most of the time, still throwing up mainly in the evenings (or sometimes in the AM in the shower? i think because of the heat, even though my showers are WAY less hot than were prepregnancy...anyway, it's kind of a handy place to throw up because look, you're already in the shower and can clean up very easily!) hopefully it'll be over with sooooooon!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #28
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

HAHA, I totally throw up in the shower too!

I FINALLY got a day where I didn't throw up Happy happy!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #29
cristancanoe
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
HAHA, I totally throw up in the shower too!

I FINALLY got a day where I didn't throw up Happy happy!
Shower yuckies here too. I took a shower this afternoon just so I could do it without gagging. It was hard at first, i think the power of suggestion was too strong! But it worked out in the end.
cristancanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #30
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

i didn't throw up yesterday, and although i was VERY close in the shower this morning, i managed to hold it in. hooray, AND i baked cookies, because i wanted to eat cookies. i think that's a good sign because anything sweet has been sounding really horrible to me. But i'm starting to get a cold or something, my head feels like it's in vice grips...in a fog. My throat is a little sore too and i'm a little congested. i just HOPE, hope, hope i don't get a really bad runny nose. that post nasal drip always makes me gag, pregnant or not, but i if i get it now, it'll be more than just gagging!
However, i have a friend who was only a few weeks behind me in her pregnancy who recently lost the baby, and another friend, also a few weeks behind me who may or may not be going through a miscarriage right now. (she has an appt today, if it's bad news i'm not sure when i'll hear, hopefully right away if it's good news) and it is just making me feel so thankful for a healthy baby who makes me feel icky.

Last edited by hcokasil; 09-19-2012 at 02:40 PM.
hcokasil is offline   Reply With Quote