Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #21
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth diapering and foster care? To do it or not to do it?

I think I've decided I'm going to plan to CD and keep most of my stash, but I'm leery of using my wool since it can't be bleached. I may sell all of it off.

Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #22
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hac1224
I think I've decided I'm going to plan to CD and keep most of my stash, but I'm leery of using my wool since it can't be bleached. I may sell all of it off.
Gah! Dont sell your wool!!! I will probably be buried with dds wool and her pfs too.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #23
Rachcate
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi! I am new here. I am so happy to see so many foster parents on here! We are starting the process in January (unless I can convince the husband to go get a certain little girl in Ukraine... ).
What are your favorite diapers to use for foster babies? We'll take 0-3. Do you keep a stash of different sizes, and then buy specifically for your placement when you get one? Or ...?
I have 3 yo bio and a 5 yo adopted kids who we've used sposies with. We're switching my 5 yo to cloth now, so we have a stash of larger sizes already (mostly Fuzzibunz), if that makes a difference!
Rachel
Rachcate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #24
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachcate View Post
Hi! I am new here. I am so happy to see so many foster parents on here! We are starting the process in January (unless I can convince the husband to go get a certain little girl in Ukraine... ).
What are your favorite diapers to use for foster babies? We'll take 0-3. Do you keep a stash of different sizes, and then buy specifically for your placement when you get one? Or ...?
I have 3 yo bio and a 5 yo adopted kids who we've used sposies with. We're switching my 5 yo to cloth now, so we have a stash of larger sizes already (mostly Fuzzibunz), if that makes a difference!
Rachel
What I am doing is getting prefolds for all sizes, covers (mostly Bummis), wool soakers for night, AIOs for short trips to the grocery store,etc & disposables for longer trips/visitation. I have a few cute fitteds, but I'm trying not to go crazy with it LOL. I'll probably buy some Sandy's for overnight to use with the wool soakers. My absolute favorite diapers for performance are prefolds & Mother-Ease.
I dont recall what I used when we fostered before! Random cute fitteds, I think! LOL!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #25
kelly679
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I asked our licensor is there was any rule regarding Cd and she hadn't heard of any. BUT we figured out J is allergic to disposable diapers so I could get a doctors note if they wanted to fuss at me. Plus we're an adoptive home so we get a little more wiggle room.
kelly679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #26
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have one size pockets, different sizes of pfs, flats and one size covers. And some of dds wool that my poor dfs is subjected to.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #27
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our LW said that she and the state have no concern either way, so it's entirely up to me. My stash is a little bit of everything, but mostly prefolds, various PUL covers, fitteds, wool, and a couple of OS pockets. I'm not an AIO fan.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #28
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

It never occurred to me that anybody would care if we cloth diapered! I know that Happy Heinys donated diapers to my previous agency (after we were no longer with them - bummer! LOL!) & the handbook for our current agency has a clothing guidline of what each child should have & for infants they state a certain amount of cloth diapers OR disposables. (They only require 2 diaper covers!!! LOL)

When going over the requirements the person working for the agency said "But who uses cloth diapers anymore?" LOL.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #29
Suziehomemaker
Registered Users

My Mood:

I use cloth for my fosters. I have flats/prefolds/aio that I use.
I have a few *well* used aio that I send on visits as well
Suziehomemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #30
paynefamily5
Registered Users

I'm a foster parent just trying to figure out the dhole CDing world. What a big one it is at that! So thankful to see so many other foster families on here!! I was beginning to feel very alone...
paynefamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote