Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
dluciew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me figure out what's going on with DS skin

My son has broken out into a rash all over. I took him to the ped 2 weeks ago and she gave me some samples of Eucerin (sp?). Well after I used that he broke out all over. They are raised bumps that start out red and then the bumps just stay. So I took him into the ped again and she said it was a rash and to stop using lotion. It's been 3 days and he's still getting new bumps and he's kinda scratching it. I'm worried they might be bites of some sort. Here's some pictures but I don't know if you can see it too good. Also, what soap/lotion can I use that will ok on his sensitive skin. I have a bunch of FFC & SMA soaps but they all have scents.

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me figure out what's going on with DS skin

Whatever is causing it, these will help:

Nettles, make a tea with it and put it in the bath, or give have him take it internally as the homeopathic remedy, Urtica Urens.

Check for Cardiospermum Cream at your health food store, this stuff works really well and quickly, too.

Calendula cream and aloe vera will help it heal faster, too.

Be careful for if it's caused by an allergic reaction, either to foods or bug bites. My ds was having allergic reactions from mesquito bites for a while, and these remedies helped clear them up, and a mesquito net around the bed and bug repelling essential oils like lavender and tea tree.

Good luck, mama. Rashes are no fun, and are tough until you find out what the cause is.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

Do you have pets? They almost look like little flea bites.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Give him Aveeno oatmeal bathes, no matter what that rash is, it'll help the itching by coating his skin. We recently had Chicken Pox and the oatmeal bathes were a huge help.

Ditto that it might be flea bites, but those won't spread if you're using lotion.

I would just try to wait it out and control the itching. Give it about a week and see if it goes away. Most rash or viral things will go on their own. If not, then it's more than likely contact dermatitus (something touching him he's allergic to basically). Have you tried a new detergent or fabric softener? Has he come into contact with any new animals, grasses, etc? Any new foods he's eaten?

ETA: I saw you said it's been there for 2 weeks now... that really seems like something he's been in contact with. I'd start looking closely at what he's getting into that might be bothering him. Hope you figure it out soon. Itchy rashes are no fun for little ones.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

I second the Aveeno oatmeal bath (it's called "soothing bath treatment"). It comes in a box. DD has been battling a little eczema recently and it seems to help a lot.

Also Aquaphor from Eucerin has a soap-free baby wash which is good for sensitive skin. The soap in bath washes dry out the skin. It's also fragrance free.
Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote