Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: When did/will you wash baby stuff?

Originally Posted by cristy_1996 View Post
Hmm...I am washing clothes that are given to me now and hanging them up and putting them in drawers. I'm only 20 weeks. I hate bags of stuff just laying

Diapers I will wash probably around 32 weeks. DS2 was a preemie so I need to be ready to go sooner than I was with him since I wasn't at all with!
Yeah that was my thoughts too. Both the boys were early 36 and 37 weeks. here I am over 38 weeks and no sign of this babe coming any time soon. Been 2cm dialated since 35 weeks.

wife and mom-- no other special labels. Just trying to do the best I can.
Nerissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #12
el's mama
Registered Users

Originally Posted by rosefall View Post
Probably around 38 weeks. Much sooner and I'd feel like they need washed again.
Exactly! I don't want them sitting around unwashed for weeks. I'm 38 weeks and have prepped diapers but not washed clothes. I'm going to wash a few outfits and have my Mom or DH wash the rest when the baby comes (my Mom is watching the kids while I'm in labor and knowing her, she'll be excited and want to do it then).
In with my DH, crunchy, attached Mama to 4. Homeschooling, long term breastfeeding, CD'ing, babywearing, homebirthing. Could I BE anymore addicted to cloth?!
el's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #13
Registered Users

I had everything ready to go around 35 weeks. I like having everything in order and not having to worry about it at the last minute as you never know when they wanna come! I'm now 39.2 weeks :-)
UrbanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
Registered Users
I think I started washing stuff around 34 weeks saving diapers for last. I'm glad I got it done and over with early. Baby's going to be living in the house, so I wasn't worried about stuff sitting around already washed. I was more concerned with getting the manufacturing chemicals off the clothes.

Sent from my Android using DS Forum
Married the best husband ever May 2009 , Mama to E 9-2-12, A 9-14-14, and May 2016
1healthylady is offline   Reply With Quote